This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Cokes for Kasey is a time for people to reconnect and share memories of their past friend, Kasey Waychoff. Waychoff died in 2014 on spring break when she was hit by a drunk driver when walking on the side of the road.

In honor of her memory, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority celebrated her this past Tuesday with a carnival on Willard Lawn. Many people showed up to celebrate her through the festivities that were held. At the carnival there was food, games and a concert provided in her memory. It cost $5 to participate in the carnival; all of the proceeds went to a scholarship dedicated to her.

This past carnival held for Waychoff was special because it was considered the biggest event yet in her memory. This event is the biggest Gamma Phi Beta plans to have for Waychoff because they want to keep her memory alive and not make it an annual philanthropy event. Gamma Phi Beta is considering doing small memory dedications in the future.

Annie Olson is a member of Gamma Phi Beta and also the head coordinator for Cokes for Kasey. Olson is in favor of keeping the future events more personal with the Chapter, yet was proud to be a part of this past event.

“It’s like her graduation party because she would be graduating in May,” Olson said.

As this graduation party for Waychoff comes to an end Gamma Phi Beta is still open for support for her scholarship and memories of her.

“We just want to keep her spirit alive,” Olson said. 

Hannah Littlefield was Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Oklahoma State University for 2 semesters, and she had an amazing team backing her up. During her time as CC, she also wrote for CollegeFashionista and her personal style blog, fefifofhannah.com. She will always remember the wonderful and unique team members she had at HCOS, and will cherish every memory.