Chris Stockton: Passionately Involved

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Remember those Fat Heads of the random guy at the TCU game? Wondering who he was? Well that dashing young man was Chris Stockton. Taking a look at sophomore Chris Stockton’s resume is truly a intimidating thing, because he has been so heavily involved on campus since the moment he stepped into Stillwater.

HC: What are you involved in?

Chris: SGA Executive FRC Coordinator, Student Alumni Board, Top 10 Freshmen, Phi Gamma Delta Committee Chairman, SGA Budget vice chair, Toys for Cowboys intern, Sigma Alpha Lambda honors fraternity, President’s Leadership Council, Athletic alliance intern, relay for life committee leader, CASNR senator and executive member, Student senate campus liaison, Dance Marathon finance director, Homecoming VIP committee, 400 hours of community service, Camp Cowboy counselor, student liaison for membership and marketing for OSU alumni foundation.

HC: What motivates you to be so involved on campus?

Chris: I am motivated by the fact that a lot of people do it for recognition or do it as a resume builder, but I do it for the service factor and all those positions allow me to make an impact on people’s lives. At the end of the day, seeing a smile on someone’s face is worth it to me.

HC: What is the lasting legacy you would like to leave?

Chris: The legacy I want to leave at OSU is that I don’t want to be remembered as the guy that’s always doing stuff and ‘The Top 10 Freshman.’ I want to be remembered for the smiles I bring on peoples faces and people knowing that the leadership activities I was involved in, I had complete passion for and didn’t do it just to get recognition. I did it because I truly care. I had true desire to leave this campus and the people on it better then when I came.

HC: If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?

Chris: The game that Michael Jordan scored 63 points against the Celtics on April 20, 1986 in double overtime.

HC: What celebrity do you get mistaken for?

Chris: Corey Matthews off Boy Meets World

HC: Why are you still an eligible bachelor and what do you look for in a future woman?

Chris: During my time in college I have not had a relationship. But I have come close a couple of times, but those times just didn’t play out. At this point in my life, like most, I am dating to marry. I feel that when I am 20 years old, I should only embark on a relationship with someone if you could legitimately see yourself marrying that person. And as excited as I am to have the joy of a girlfriend, I know that God has the perfect girl picked out for me when the right time comes.

HC: If I were to look at your ipod right now what would be playing?

Chris: “Say my Name” by Destiny’s Child. 

I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.