Campus Cutie: Gracie Jamison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Basics!

Name: Gracie Renee Jamison 

Major: Psychology major with a minor in American Indian Studies

Classification: Senior

Relationship Status: Casually dating

Age: 21

Sign: Sagittarius

Hometown: Edmond, Oklahoma

All About Gracie!

If your plane crashed, you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring one thing with you, what would you bring?

Well if you want me to be pragmatic, I think if I was stuck on a deserted island I would have to bring some kind of weapon with me! Maybe, a knife or something that I could kill small prey with. Matches or a lighter would also be a lifesaver.

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?

Genuine

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would choose to be more confident. I am my hardest critic, and if I do not succeed at something I set my mind to, I am really hard on myself. I need to learn to let things go, to not take life so seriously, and to always keep a smile on my face!

What are your post-college plans?

After graduation, I am planning on going to graduate school for clinical Psychology in Denver, Colo. I will probably get my masters first, but I ultimately want to get my Ph.D. in clinical Psychology and work primarily with Native American communities.

What feature do you like most about yourself (looks, personality, or both)?

My favorite feature about myself is that I am organized. That sounds so nerdy, but it is really important to stay organized especially when you are in academia. Forgetting an important meeting or deadline could be your “in” or “out” when applying for graduate schools or scholarships.

Favorite food?

I absolutely love Italian food, especially lasagna. A hearty plate of lasagna with a tall glass of red wine makes for one happy girl.

Cats or dogs?

CATS! I have a Siamese cat named Ziggy and he is the most athletic and energetic cat I have ever been around. He can always bring a smile to my face, even when I am having a really bad day.

Religious views?

I wouldn’t really consider myself to be a “religious” person. However, I really like the eastern religions of Daoism and Buddhism. They have a very insightful way of viewing the world that is extremely different from western religions. From their point of view, life is about bettering yourself and enjoying the beauty that is life, opposed to the western view that all things great come after death.

Biggest fear?

I honestly don’t have too many fears, but currently my biggest fear is taking my GRE.

Guy Talk!

What is the first thing you notice about a guy in looks?

I definitely notice the eyes first, but I also can’t resist a beautiful smile ?

In personality?

I really like when a guy can hold good intellectual conversation with me and it isn’t just small talk. Being able to make me laugh is a huge plus.

What is your biggest turn off?

Arrogance is my biggest turn-off. I can’t stand when a guy expects me to grovel at his feet. I am an independent, intelligent woman and you should be the one trying to impress me!.

What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?

I surprisingly haven’t been on too many bad dates, but I can say that one thing that makes a date awful is when the guy is trying to get fresh with you on the first date. Get to know me at least a little bit before you try to make a move!

The best?

The best date I ever went on was during my prom night, even though I didn’t even go to the prom. My date picked me up wearing a suit and he brought me three-dozen of the most beautiful red roses I had ever seen. We then went to Bricktown and had a delicious meal at Nona’s. We ended the date by going on a horse-carriage ride around the city. So romantic.

What’s the worst pick up line someone’s said to you?

“Are you wearing space pants? Your ass is out of this world

I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.