Campus Cutie: Anna Geary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

What is your major?
I’m a Strategic communications senior, with a minor in political science.

Did your major ever change over the course of your time in college?
It did, I started off in multimedia journalism, and then realize I loved the relationships side of PR, and not just the writing. 

What is your lifetime goal?
My overall lifetime goal is to eventually found and run a nonprofit organization specializing in research for autism treatment. My dream is to have an autism treatment center, where families with children with autism can come and maybe stay for a year or however long it takes to help with their children. I have an eleven-year-old brother with autism. He has had autism since he was three, and I know from my family, that it has made such a difference that we were able to have him in therapy. I know that some families who don’t have the opportunity to put their children, or don’t have the financial resources, or even don’t know where to go when they have a child with autism. There is no set cure for autism and I want to find the cure.

What is your zodiac sign?
My zodiac sign is a Gemini.

Do you ever read about it?
No, I don’t. I read it occasionally for fun, but it usually says something like you will meet your true love today, but I never meet him, so I stopped.

What is your hometown?
My hometown is Edmond, Okla

What is the first thing you notice about a guy?
First thing that I notice is usually his smile. That is one thing that can attract me from the other side of the room, is his smile.

What do you like most in a guy?
I like guys who are spontaneous and creative. I love if a guy will just call me and he’ll say wear this and I will pick you up at 7:00 and we’re going to do something fun.

What do you dislike about a guy?
How do I pick just one thing? Probably when guys are afraid of commitment, or when they don’t commit. Guys can be just flaky. I have experiences before when you talk to a guy for several weeks and it seems like you talk to them every day, and then they seem to have just disappeared off the earth. You know? I think because it’s just most guys don’t know how to handle it. Or they get too busy and don’t want a commitment. They should just be honest.

What would be a deal breaker for you?
Deal breaker…somebody who is not respectful, and not supportive of me. And I feel like in a relationship you are both your own person, and I feel like you should support me, and my dreams, and my goals, my passions. And love me for my passions and my goals.

Do you ever get homesick?
I do sometimes, but now that I am a senior it’s not as much, because I have my own place. Because now that feels like home, with my friends who feel like family. The nice thing about Edmond is that it is so close, so I can go home for a night if I am getting homesick. I go home about once or twice a month.

After college do you want to move back to Edmond?
No, ideally I would like to move out of state. I would love to live overseas for a while…London preferably. But as soon as I graduate I want to go to law school, hopefully in California or Texas, or possibly Chicago.

Are you part of any other organization?
I’m vice president of Blue Key Honor Society, Secretary for the College of Arts and I am on the Sciences Student Council. I’m also active in the Phi Alpha Delta-pre-law club, the Honors College and a member of Chi Omega.

How would you describe your style?
One part top shop, two parts urban outfitters, one part Ann Taylor Loft, and two parts comfort.

I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.