Campus Celebrity: Andy Burnett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

If you’ve been a reader of Her Campus Oklahoma State for a year or more, you might recognize this week’s Campus Celebrity. Andy Burnett used to be a writer for HC OK State, known for his installments of “Ask Andy,” where he would address questions from readers and answer them from a male perspective. Considering he was HC OK State’s first male writer, he definitely had the credentials. 

As sad as we were to lose Andy this past year, he’s been doing amazing things recently.As a junior, he is currently the President of OSU’s Ad Club. Even more impressive than that, he is a co-founder of OSU’s first student run ad agency, The O’Colly Agency and Media Company. (He was one of three specifically selected by the university for this elite job!) The new position is a huge step for Andy’s future career, and he know’s it’s going to be a lot of work. “When it’s something you’re really genuinely interested in, though, it makes doing the work much more enjoyable and rewarding,” he said. 

When Andy isn’t working on his future career or planning meetings and events for Ad Club, he’s spending time with his dog, Shep, or his family. Being from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, he feels lucky to be able to go home whenever he feels a familial tug at his heart strings. 

Andy hasn’t decided yet if he’ll be President for next year’s Ad Club, but he’s definitely going to give it 110% this year. He also has big plans for The O’Colly Agency and Media Company, and can’t wait to see where it will take him!

Hannah Littlefield was Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Oklahoma State University for 2 semesters, and she had an amazing team backing her up. During her time as CC, she also wrote for CollegeFashionista and her personal style blog, fefifofhannah.com. She will always remember the wonderful and unique team members she had at HCOS, and will cherish every memory.