This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

There is nothing like the feeling of fresh fall air and watching the leaves change colors. If you enjoy fall as much as I do, you’ll want to spend the colder days wrapped up in your favorite blanket with a heaping mug full of something hot. These 11 shows will help you enjoy your time stuck inside and are sure to give you the fall fuzzies (or the halloween heebee jeebees)! 

11. American Horror Story (Netflix)

While this show is known for changing plotlines every season, there are definitely spooky vibes going on. Season 1 “Murder House” is set around Halloween and if that title doesn’t clue you in to why this one is a show made for fall (and to creepy you out), I don’t know what will.

10. Pretty Little Liars (HBO Max)

While Pretty Little Liars isn’t a show most think of when they think of fall, it’s full of mystique and intrigue. Who doesn’t want to watch a group of highschoolers fumble their way through a murder mystery? The constant suspense of this show places it firmly in the fall category. Add in the school days, a few Halloween episodes, and changing of the leaves as more secrets are revealed, Pretty Little Liars is a great show to watch this time of year.

9. The Magicians (Netflix)

This underrated show is all about a college for magicians and books that transport you into another world. Jam packed full of friendships and fall weather this show is perfect for fans of dark academia.

8. The Order (Netflix)

With a prestigious college with an insanely cool secret society, not even to mention the magic and werewolves, The Order has the perfect supernatural vibes meant to be felt around Halloween. Follow along as the main character finds himself in the very center of his college’s magical hijinks.  

7. Julie and the Phantoms (Netflix)

This one is a new show that everyone on TikTok has been raving about. What is meant to be a children’s show about a ghost boyband stole the hearts of highschool and college kids alike. This show is a great addition to fall given that it happens under the backdrop of fall (and we can’t forget the swoon worthy ghosties!). 

6. The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)

The Haunting of Hill House is chock full of scenes that will give you the creepy crawlies. This show is known for having hidden ghosts in just about every scene for people to keep an eye out for. With jump scares, dark plotlines, and disarming twists, The Haunting of Hill House is a must for horror lovers of all types.

5. Locke and Key (Netflix)

A house full of magic keys? Yes, Please! Locke & Key is a relatively newer Netflix show set in a small town in Massachusetts full of secrets, but the most exciting part is the house full of strange happenings and a woman’s voice that only children can hear. Add in the locals that seem involved in a past tragedy that may be leading to a new one, Locke and Key is definitely one to watch.

4. Good Witch (Netflix)

Good Witch is a feel good show about a few gentle witches living in a town that’s in a constant state of fall. You can never go wrong with a show about witches, especially friendly ones that do their best to care for their town.  

3. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix)

This show is in complete juxtaposition to Good Witch. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is all about satan worshiping witches. Hardcore, I know. If you like shows that don’t seem to fit in any timeline or a heroine who refuses to take orders, this ones for you. 

2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Hulu)

Buffy Summers is the perfect heroine to follow during the fall season. This show embodies fall, or maybe Halloween, due to the main character fighting vampires and many other creatures that go bump in the night. With a classic like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you can never go wrong.

1. Gilmore Girls (Netflix)

This show about a mother daughter bond unlike any other takes place in the small town of Stars Hollow. Now Stars Hollow is a town that cannot be forgotten when talking about shows with the perfect fall backdrop. This show is so descriptive with its fall festivities that it’s impossible to not to get in the Halloween spirit.

Happy Halloween, and happy watching!

I'm at Freshman at Oklahoma State University currently majoring in zoology but we'll see ;).