The Best Moments of My Freshman Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

As my Freshman Year is coming to a close, I just wanted to take a moment to share with you all my favorite moments, because these are the moments that have truly shaped me!

August 11, 2015 – This was the day I stepped on to campus as Jasmine Fain the college freshman. Honestly, I think I was more excited to finally decorate my dorm like my Pinterest board than I was to actually be in college. The whole day was bittersweet, but my family always finds the humor in the diffcult parts of life. Below you can see where my mom was more exicted to be back at college than I was to be entering into college.

September 13, 2015 – THE RAWHIDE MUSIC FESTIVAL!!! This was simply the beginning of my obbession with all hip-hop and pop concerts. Even though I came out the concert with some battle wounds and mud all over my clothes, it was worth every minute of the torture, because I got to see the FETTY WAP and T-PAIN live in person. #goals

October 18 – 24, 2015 – Welcome to America’s Brightest Homecoming! Volunteering to be apart of the University Commons homecoming team was the best decision that I made. Behind the two months preperation, sleep deprevation, and yes TWO all nighters full of pomping. In the end it was worth it, because we have the first place trophies to show our hard work and dedication.

November 7, 2015 – This was the LENGENDARY day that our OSU Football team DESTROYED TCU! I had never cried and yelled so much in one day, but it was worth seeing our Cowboys fight to keep their undefeated season.

January 19, 2016 – This was the day I got to storm the court as our basketball team beat Kansas. Everytime I watch the storming video I can pin point where I exactly was. Thank You ESPN for making me famous. (Here is my article displaying the storming video!)

April 6, 2016 – This was the day I decided to follow my dreams and introduced to the world my own blog! Truly a special moment in my life, and I was overwhemled with all the support I recieved from my friends, classmates, and family.

April 9 -10, 2016 – Life had become quite stressful, but fear not , because my dear mom came to the rescue to spend the weekend with me. From seeing the new movie BOSS to playing with sea lions at the Oklahoma City Zoo, it was truly a moment I will always cherish between her and I.

April 23, 2016 – On this day a truly realized how great my life had been throughout my freshman year. That evening I attend Ape Like An Alpha hosted by Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., and my good friends came along, and stepped out of their comfort zones to experience my African-American culture. Them embracing my culture meant the world to me, and made me realize how much they truly cherish our friendship.

I can say that my freshman year did not turn out how I dreamed it to be.

I hit rock bottom at some places in my life, but then I got up, and decided to keep on pursuing my goals.

I lost friends whom I dearly loved, but gained ones who support me in ways that I didn’t think was possible.

Thank You Freshman Year for growing me as a college student and a woman! I wonder whats in store for next year?

Jasmine Fain

OK State '19

Is a Senior at the BRIGHTEST campus in the nation Oklahoma State University. She is a Professional Writing major with a Minor in Linguistics. Check out her articles each week to keep up to date on the many fun things that OSU has to offer. In your spare time also check out her blog LIVINGWITHJ to catch a preview of her life!