This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Winter break is a time that every college kid looks forward to during first semester. We get to go home and not come to class for about a month, it’s the best! So why not make the most of our time on break. Here are some things you and your friends can do to make awesome memories this winter.  

1. Go see Christmas lights 

There’s nothing like getting in the holiday spirit by going to see some pretty, twinkling lights with special people. There are so many businesses, parks or neighborhoods that annually up these lights for you to walk through. Not only do they make beautiful scenery, but they’re also really good for taking those cute festive photos. 

2. Have a movie night

Movies are always a fun thing to do with friends, but toss in a holiday aspect for this winter break. Here are some great movie ideas you should totally check out:

The Polar Express

Elf

A Christmas Carol

How the Grinch Stole Christmas 

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

Jack Frost 

The Nightmare Before Christmas  

3. Build ginger bread houses 

You can never go wrong with this classic activity. Even though the boxed kits don’t taste the best, just building the tiny houses and getting creative can be really fun. Especially with some entertaining friends around you. 

4. “Friendsmas”

You’ve heard of “Friendsgiving,” so why not continue it with “Friendsmas.” Having a get together with friends is always fun and you can do so much with it. Ugly sweater contests, dirty Santa and the saran wrap ball game are some classic activities any Friendsmas could have. Invite your pals, plan some fun games, and just enjoy your time with your favorite people!

5. Build a festive fort 

We’re in college, but it’s always fun to go back to your childhood roots. Easy way to do this, build a fort. Grab your chairs, pillows, blankets and get creative. After you and your friends build your amazing fortress add some twinkle lights, Netflix and hot chocolate. This could also be a good way for you to de-stress after finals week, be a kid again. 

6. Go ice skating  

It’s the time of year where people go to their local ice rinks, get some skates and hit the ice. Even though this is a really popular couple date in the holidays, for us singles, our friends make amazing dates as well. Ice skating can also be pretty difficult, but something about that is more fun when you are able to laugh with your friends as you all fall down together.

De-stress, make some memories, and have a Merry Christmas.  

Makenzie Massey

OK State '21

Hi! My name is Makenzie. I'm a junior at Oklahoma State and I'm majoring in strategic communications. Some passions of mine are cooking, traveling and expressing creativity!