50 things guys should know about girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

1. We don’t like your ego rants, we tolerate it.
  2. Cussing isn’t cute.
  3. Maybe is just a polite way of saying no. Just answer us with a yes or no. It really is that simple.
  4. We will never like the idea of watching you play video games.
  5. Going on dates will never go out of style.
  6. If you think we are just some chill girl that you don’t have to take out, we are secretly tallying it in our head.
  7. TV and video games both have pause buttons. You can text us back.
  8. Never underestimate the brownie points for sending us a bouquet of flowers.
  9. If we’ve dated, DO NOT EVER hit on one of my friends. Or else we will do the same.
  10. Telling us how much you drink will never be attractive.
  11. We will never want to cuddle your beer belly.
  12. Last time we checked, boys can cook too.
  13. We’ll take a phone call over a text any day.
  14. We don’t want to hear you fart or burp ever.
  15. Dipping is repulsive.
  16. If you don’t like hearing about my girlfriends, pretend like you do.
  17. We don’t want to hear about how much fun you had with the girls we don’t know.
  18. We don’t understand your fascination with growing a mustache.
  19. If you don’t have a job, then we don’t want to hear how poor you are.
  20. When did picking out what we do on the date stop happening? Oh wait, it didn’t.
  21. We love when you pull us in by the waist.
  22. Getting drunk and having me take care of you will never be something I want to do.
  23. Sometimes we are just gonna have bitch-fits.
  24. My best friends will know everything about our relationship.
  25. If I’m wearing your shirt, pajama pants, basketball shorts, whatever then that probably means I like you.
  26. Contacting us first is still a thing. Don’t act like its not.
  27. Making fun of our guy friends, gay or not isn’t going to get you anywhere.
  28. If I plan a surprise for us, you will go. And you will enjoy it.
  29. We don’t like making up reasons why we have carpet burn on our chin, so get rid of the facial hair.
  30. If you think its OK to adjust yourself in front of me, it’s not.
  31. If you mess up, telling us the truth is going to be the best option no matter what. Because eventually the truth will always reveal itself.
  32. If you are dating someone new, we are going to creep all over them. It’s not being a psycho ex, it’s being a girl.
  33. Don’t act like we are such a mystery. There’s a reason behind everything we do.
  34. If we are taking a long time to get ready, never complain about it. After all, we are just trying to look good for you.
  35. Ditching me to hang out with the bros will always put you in the doghouse. Always.
  36. Intelligence and wit is a definite turn-on.
  37. Making fun of us is funny sometimes, but never constantly.
  38. Calling us crazy or dramatic is going to make us be crazy or dramatic.
  39. Most of us are a packaged deal. If you date us you date our friends and family.
  40. Kiss me on the cheek.
  41. Getting in a fight with another guy is not manly. It’s dumb.
  42. We know you hate to pay attention, but please just try.
  43. Hugs mean more sometimes.
  44. Share what’s on your mind. We love knowing things about you others don’t.
  45. Apologizing will not kill your pride.
  46. You don’t have PMS, so don’t act like you know what it’s like.
  47. We like to do guy things too, we aren’t all girly-girls.
  48. It’s good to be sensitive sometimes.
  49. We don’t shave our legs every day, so don’t expect us to.
  50. Saying something nice to us might get you off the hook; doing something nice will always get you off the hook.
I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.