5 Types of OKState Students During Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

College is in full swing here at Oklahoma State, and let’s just says we can’t wait for America’s Greatest Homecoming.

Here in Stillwater, Oklahoma, Homecoming is not just a football game or an event; It’s a month-long holiday. There are events leading up to the game that start early in September, and they’re as important and fun as the Homecoming weekend.

The weeks before there’s a sign competition, a window painting competition, a flag football tournament, Harvest Carnival, a community carnival, All Night Pomp: an all-night event, Walkaround, and Homecoming and Hoops.

As the month of October begins, here are the five types of people you’ll find on campus around this time.

1. The super involved.

Every club, every class, and every friend wants them to do something. They don’t ever get a day off.

2. The Greek.

Homecoming is their time to shine! Building a deck, Homecoming and Hoops, and the Walkaround are all in our Greeks expertise! The downfall is that they have been pomping for 12 hours each week for three straight.

3. The School Spirited.

They are all about the Cowboys. They also plan their schedules around Game Days. These are the students who will also get Rowdy if you take their regular spot in Boone Pickens Stadium.

4. “I’m just here for the picture.”

They don’t care about sports or participating in helping making homecoming America’s Greatest. As long as they get their picture they are fine.

5. I’m here for my education.

School activities are not important to their career. Homecoming is just another day of class to them.

No matter what type of student everyone is, Homecoming brings people together here in Stillwater.

We are a family that is strong through thick and thin, and Homecoming is a small representation of that.

Let the week of craziness begin!

Go Pokes! 

Student at Oklahoma State University