5 Things We Are Going to Miss About Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

On May 30, 2018, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt will return for its fourth season. Unfortunately for us, it has been announced that this will be the final season of the show.  There are talks of an Unbreakable movie to be created to wrap up Kimmy’s story.  While this sounds amazing we definitely will be missing our favorite Mole Girl once it’s over.  Here are 5 things we are going to miss the most

1. Lillian’s Advice

Vivian is a master of giving comforting advice to anyone that is going through a rough patch.  Her words of wisdom resonate with us no matter how much they may confuse or concern us.  While sometimes it can be a little wacky it always has us laughing.  

2. Pop Culture References

The writers of Unbreakable are unafraid to comment on what’s going on in the world no matter how controversial it may be.  Anything from current news to Beyonce’s music is referenced by the characters.  My personal favorite was Vivian’s relationship with Robert Durst.

3. The Wokeness 

Similar to pop culture, the writers are unafraid to comment on the current climate of politics.  The characters make their own moves to fight inequality whether that be Jacqueline working to change her boyfriend’s team name or Kimmy encouraging her fellow Mole Girls to strive to be better women. 

4. Titus’s Music

Titus may not have reached fame in the show yet, but we all love his songs and the hilarious lyrics in them.  His vocals are actually great and the theatrics make them even better.  After hearing Pinot Noir for the first time I had it stuck in my head for weeks.

5. Kimmy’s Optimism

Finally, Kimmy will never fail to encourage us all to strive to be our best.  She always sees the silver lining in every situation.  Kimmy will forever be one of our favorite TV ladies and her outtake on life will continue to encourage us even after the show has ended.

While we’re super sad about this show coming to an end, Tina Fey and the cast of the show will go on to make more great things.  We’re looking forward to season 4 and we’re crossing our fingers they will continue with the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt movie! 

Former President of Her Campus at Oklahoma State University.  Laney is a senior Graphic Design major.  Laney is passionate about philanthropy, activism, education, and art.  When she isn't writing articles for Her Campus she is painting, playing video games, or volunteering.