This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

I love music just as much as the next person, so I decided this would be the week to share all of my songs that I’ve been absolutely obsessed with and the reason I am obsessed with them! 

rain on me – joji

I am an avid TikTok user and this song just happened to pop up on my For You page and I can’t stop listening to it. I was walking to work during a rainy day, only listening to this song and singing to the rain almost as a plea to keep me dry until I got there. 

Phone Down- Lost Kings feat. Emily Warren

I recently had the opportunity to watch season 3 of Big Mouth on Netflix. This isn’t a review of the show, so I won’t bore you with my opinions on the show itself, but this season really upped its game on music. The end credits have a banger playing every episodes and this was the one I liked the most!

Sweet Transvestite – The Rocky Horror Picture Show 

It’s October which also means it’s Rocky Horror season! I’m absolutely enamored with this movie and I have been asked to work as a makeup artist on a production of Rocky Horror and I am so excited! I listen to this while I am practicing the makeup looks.

Yung Gravity- Yung Gravy

Yung Gravy is my celebrity crush and I saw him in concert. Not only did I get to see him, but I met him! It was magical and I couldn’t have been happier! I got to hug him and I got his signature! Okay, I’m done fangirling.   

Stormy Weather – Etta James

This song is always on my mind, but more so recently. Almost every rainy day that comes, this is my go-to song. I can think about me, earbuds in, big hoodie, blaring this song, feeling this enter my body and just capturing my soul. I feel like I’m in an indie movie and it’s during the falling action. I love it. Also, watch Umbrella Academy on Netflix, this song is in it and I can’t wait to watch season two!

Micah Damon

OK State '22

Hi! My name is Micah Damon and I am a trans sophomore at OSU. I am studying Arts Administration with a minor in American Sign Language and Gender Women's. Besides writing for Her Campus, I am apart of several different organizations and I work a lot. Outside of my responsibilities, I love shopping, hanging out with friends, and making art.