This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

I am constantly reading about how unhealthy relationships with your boyfriend, girlfriend, or FWB are unnecessary and detrimental to your wellbeing. But why do people never talk about unhealthy friendships? Toxic friends can affect your emotions and stress levels more than you think.

You might be getting to a point in your friendship where you’re wondering if keeping the person in your life is worth it. Here are some clear signs that it’s time to make life a tree and leaf that terrible circumstance.

1. If the thought of being with that friend causes you to stress or worry, DROP THEM.

No good can come from hanging on to something that causes you to question who you are, what you say, or what you do. A friendship will have its ups and downs, but a true friend will be with you through the hard times and make the good times so worth it. Constant drama is a good sign that you should peace out.

2. If they put others CONSTANTLY before you, DROP THEM.

There are certain situations where you have to be okay with not always being a priority, but if they are constantly blowing you off and flaking on your plans, you don’t need that in your life! You deserve a committed person who cares enough to make time for you.

3. If they compare you to your other friends in a negative way, DROP THEM.

You are the perfect version of YOU and if people aren’t willing to accept your flaws or mistakes, you don’t need them in your life. Now, understand that some habits may cause tension in your relationship (like being late all the time or cancelling last minute), however, there is a difference in annoying habits and personality traits. Be confident in who you are.

4. If they make you feel bad about your opinions, DROP THEM.

Don’t ever let anyone tell you that your music sucks, your taste in guys is weird, or favorite movie is boring. A real friend will listen to what you have to say and converse or argue their point without being hurtful or negative! Remember that relationships grow stronger through putting effort into understanding what the other puts value in.

5. If being their friend is a full time job, DROP THEM.

True friends understand your busy schedule and respect the fact that you don’t have time to pour into their lives 24/7. If you are at the constant beck and call of a friend, you should reevaluate what they do to help you out. There might be a pattern of you putting in all the work and getting no help in return.

So, there you have it. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself if this person is worth fighting for or not. Hopefully, they are worth sticking around for. But, if they’re not, realize your worth and move on to someone else who will love you for the amazing friend you are!