5 Fall Fashion Trends You Need to Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Winter might be just around the corner, but while we still have beautiful weather around, pick up some of fall’s must haves that are sure to keep you satisfied.

1.      Leopard.Meet the new black! This print has never gone out of style and never will. It’s timeless. Whether it’s a pair of ballet flats or a small belt that you wear around your waist to accentuate your cardigan or dress, you are sure to look fashionable. If you think this print is too much for you, start off with something as little as a clutch or bow and or headband for your hair.

2.      Colored Pants.Tell mom not to throw away those colored hot pants just yet! You are sure to turn heads while wearing these. This season will call for deeper but bold colors, so be sure to stick with reds, darker hues of green, blue and burnt oranges or golden tones. You can color block (adding another bright color on top) or simply pair your pants with simple white tops because of their color. For campus fashion, throw them on with a white V-neck and a jean vest or cardigan. If you really want to be the center of attention, don’t hesitate to pair them with your leopard flats or pumps this season.

3.      Blazers. This staple piece is sure to get you more bang for your buck because it will stay for decades. Whether it’s to an interview, the workplace or a night out on the town with the girls or your man, grab some of fall’s pastel or caramel colors! Fitted or not, pair this with the perfect dark skinny or wide leg jean. You can also rock this with a bandage skirt in a bold hue.

4.       Fur Vests. You can catch some of Hollywood’s starlets in this fall must-have! Visit your local Forever-21 or mall to pick this up. You can wear these vests with leggings and rider boots or with a dark skinny jean! If you want to be more chic, throw on ALL black, leggings or jeans with a long sleeve fitted shirt, wearing your vest on top.

5.      Chiffon.Whether it’s a skirt, blouses or dress you are sure to stay cool in this delicate, but feminine fabric. Navy blues, blush pink, and caramel are just a few of the colors that will go with anything.

Becca is an Oklahoma State University fashion journalism student. After she graduates in December, she wants to work for British Vogue. She believes that although a $1,200 sundress looks fantastic on the runway, there are less expensive alternatives to looking fabulous. Knowing how to shop on a budget is a vital skill for every college woman. She has recently completed a life-changing study abroad experience in London and a visual merchandising internship at White House Black Market in Dallas. Becca wants to show the fashion world that you can look beautiful without breaking the bank.