felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

As a local plant addict, I’m obsessed with finding new green friends to plant at any chance I can get. However, my favorite part of giving new homes to plants is finding ways to make the pot unique. You can easily turn a basic pot into a cute DIY project or find cool ways to hang them up.

Here are some tips and tricks to jazzing up your plant collection!

1. Have fun with Some Paint

These ideas are such a great way to bring out your artistic side, even if you aren’t the best painter like me. The designs are such a great way to whip out the acrylic paint and jazz up a plain terracotta pot.

@gypsytribex on instagram

With this face, you can make it as simple or as complex as you’d like.  To go all out, add some designs on the rim and more facial features like the picture.  A simple route could be to just paint the closed eyes and lashes.

Pinterest– Etsy

This pot is great for those Winnie the Pooh lovers, or just anyone that loves some yellow in their lives.

2. A Plant Wall

This wall is for those DIY queens or kings that really love taking on a complex task.

@alipickens on instagram

For this plant wall, there are so many designs you could play around with. Depending on the weather in your area, a fake or real cactus would look amazing with this layout.

3. A Home for an Air Plant

I’ve never owned an air plant, but the number of different ways I’ve seen people hang them up is crazy. Whether it be in a terrarium, in an open wooden box or on a rope like this! I love this design because it gives a rustic feel with the wood and brown rope, but the splash of green with the plants really ties it together. The best part is, you can put this anywhere.

Pinterest– www.archzine.com 

4. Recycle Those Cans

There are a lot of teas and other drinks that come in really cool cans. So instead of getting rid of the can once you’re done, you could recycle it and use it as a pot. Just make sure to cut a hole in the bottom of the can if your plant is living.

Pinterest– vsco

5. Plants in Shapes

This idea is another fun craft but is definitely more time consuming than the other ideas, so worth it though! There are so many ways you can get creative with this one.  You could either buy a wooden shape of your choice or hand-craft it. Next, get your hot glue gun and some fake succulents and moss and have fun!

Pinterest– https://dallavita.com/2018/06/15/5-outdoor-succulent-wall-gardens/ 

Pro tip: If you don’t know what shape you’d want to fill out, think of some of these:

• The state you live in.
  • Something that resembles your favorite hobby.
  • Something that reminds you of a loved one.
Makenzie Massey

OK State '21

Hi! My name is Makenzie. I'm a junior at Oklahoma State and I'm majoring in strategic communications. Some passions of mine are cooking, traveling and expressing creativity!