Career > Work

3 Websites I Currently Love to Use for My Art

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Since the start of the fall semester, I’ve been trying to find time to do art. Any type of art is fine, but I do most of my artwork digitally. The last time I took an art class, I was 13 so I did not have any further experience in drawing things like people and buildings, among other things.

I’ve become better at drawing/sketching but I knew I needed help sometimes, especially for specific artworks that I spent a lot of time making. In recent months, I’ve used the three websites listed below many times (one of them may or may not surprise you).

1. VIShopper

This website provides cutouts of people, plants, landscapes, skies, and various backgrounds with several choices to help find what you exactly need. This was a recent find courtesy of my Instagram search tab. I thought the cutout part of the images helped me a lot, particularly with the backgrounds since I could focus on one thing at a time. The poses on the ‘people’ tab aren’t that bad, either.

1. Line of Action

This website offers images of models that are both covered and nude, and you can choose whichever suits your preferences. From the times I’ve used it, they have many different body shapes and sizes (which I love) and the website also has modes that start with quick figure drawings before easing you into a longer session.

1. Shuttershock

Yes, I did say Shuttershock. Even though this is mainly known as a stock photo website, it also has things like video footage and music. I mainly use it to find group photos for poses and overall, it’s got pretty good references for what I’m drawing.

Hopefully, these websites can help you a bit if you’re an artist or just someone who needs stock footage for their videos.

Senior majoring in Multimedia Journalism and double-minoring in Gender, Women, and Sexuality studies and Philosophy at Oklahoma State University || Focus more on Art and Entertainment || Marvel enthusiast