This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

I recently returned home to my tiny hometown in Michigan to finish my online classes for the rest of the semester. Studying and homework are not nearly enough to keep me entertained so I don’t go crazy from being stuck back in my parents’ house for the longest time in 3 years. I’ve already come up with a mental list of all the ways I could spend my free time (that’s not watching TV) while quarantined and figured I should share it with anyone else who might be getting restless.

Baking

I’m a big fan of baking and watching different cooking or baking shows.  I have many recipes that I think sound and look good, but I’ve never actually tried.  My first plan for quarantine is to start going through my list and actually trying to all the recipes I have.

Working Out

To help stay healthy and even out all the food I’ll be eating from baking, I’m planning to spend more time working out.  The upside of living in the middle of nowhere is that I can go outside to bike or run whenever I want without worrying about running into other people.  If you don’t have that option or just want to switch it up, you can find literally any type of workout video you want (pilates, yoga, dance, aerobics, etc) on YouTube.  I grew up doing Denise Austin or Gilad workouts with my mom when they were on TV, so I’m partial to their workouts, but you can find anything on YouTube.

Start an Art Project

I have been seeing a ton of acrylic pour videos and now I have time to try making my own. I also really enjoyed it when my high school art teacher assigned us to draw zentangles. If you haven’t heard of those, you should look them up!

Hopefully, these help you avoid going crazy from boredom. Stay safe and enjoy relaxing with a little time off.

Ann is a senior at Oklahoma State University majoring in nutritional sciences. She is also a personal trainer and in her free time likes to relax and watch movies.