This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

As we have seen over the past few weeks, weather in Ohio can be quite erratic. In just
one week, we can experience weather from each of the four seasons. On Monday,
students bundle up and venture out into the brisk, windy morning for classes. As the
week goes on and the temperature rises, the snow begins to melt and by Wednesday,
campus is spotted with brightly colored umbrellas shielding students from the rain. The
weather continues to warm up and by the weekend, girls are pulling their miniskirts
and bodycon dresses out from the depths of their closets to celebrate the unusually
warm weekend. Then, right when we thought that warmer weather was here to stay,
temperatures drop to below freezing again, and the cycle continues.

With the ever changing weather, it’s hard to know which pieces of your wardrobe to
put away for the winter and which items might be useful when you least expect it. But
don’t worry collegiettes, Her Campus is here to help you organize your closet for the
unpredictable months ahead.

During most of the winter, the temperature hovers anywhere between 20-35 degrees.
When the winter weather acts the way it should, warm accessories are a necessity.
Bundling up with woven scarves, hats and gloves is the easiest way to hide your
bare skin from the frigid air. Having a warm winter coat is also important when the
temperature drops below freezing. Fleece coats by North Face and Columbia won’t
do any good at keeping you warm amidst the combination of snow, wind and low
temperatures.

In most places, there is no use for rain gear between the months of November and
February. But in Athens, it tends to rain every other week, so rain boots and umbrellas
are essential all year long. Hooded raincoats also come in handy for those days when
gusts of wind make it hard to control your umbrella.

Finally, for those rare occasions when the sun shines and gets too steamy for your
winter gear, it is important to keep a few warm weather staples nearby. Long-sleeved
dresses can easily be paired with tights and boots when it is cold, but they can also
be worn with a pair of pumps and bold accessories when it is a bit warmer outside.
Patterned tanks that can be worn underneath jackets or blazers are also great pieces to
keep around during the winter months.

Ohio’s crazy weather can make it hard to know which accessories and clothes to keep
on display in your closet and which ones to send home after winter break. By keeping a
few select staples from every season, you’ll find yourself with a functional wardrobe for
any day here in Athens.