samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Where To Study On Campus Besides Alden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Now that you’ve made it to the end of the semester, finals are probably the only thing on your mind. If you aren’t lucky enough to be blessed with online exams, then more than likely, you need to start studying ASAP. While this seems straight forward, studying is a lot harder than it seems. If you add in the fact that you probably don’t want to do it in the first place and how difficult it is to concentrate, the motivation you once had to continue studying can quickly diminish. But if you put yourself in a good atmosphere with no noise and a handful of flash cards, I guarantee you will make it through. Although Alden is one of the more popular places during finals time, it also is one of the crazier places. With groups of people rushing around, loud study groups arguing, and the constant sound of typing, it’s understandable as to why Alden may not be the first choice for many. So, here are a few other choices available around campus for you to utilize throughout your final week. 

1. Front Room:

While this area may be a little noisy based on the time you enter, Front Room also offers an outside section, which you can utilize if the atmosphere inside becomes too much for you. Since Front Room is truly a coffee shop, you can always go up to the counter and get a cup to power through your studying session. They also offer little sandwiches if you need a snack as well as a rather calming atmosphere. Some place to definitely check out. 

2. Emeriti Park:

Emeriti Park is a great place to go if you are a fan of the outdoors. You can sit at one of the benches, under the gazebo, or even bring your own hammock if you want. With the different flora and fauna around, it is truly a beautiful and relaxing place to be during finals. Only warning, it can lead to endless Instagram photos. 

3. Baker Center Conference Rooms:

Many people may not take advantage of this, but Baker Center offers free conference rooms to students during finals week. It’s based off a first come basis so if you or a group of your friends need somewhere to go with less crowding, this is perfect. Your own conference room without having to go through the hassle of reserving a room sounds like a finals week dream come true. 

4. Nelson Café:

Almost like a substitute to the possible crowd you could get at Front Room, most of the times, the Nelson Café isn’t crowded. You can go there with a group of friends and have a study session at one of the tables available. It’s even better if you live on South Green, as you wouldn’t have to go far to reach its location. 

5. Residence Hall Lounge Rooms:

Maybe you’re feeling a little lazy and don’t really want to leave your building to go somewhere else. Cue the hall rooms. You may associate it with the place you go to attend mandatory floor meetings, but it truly is a lounge area for all residents on your floor. With the different seating arrangements available and the proximity to your dorm, you can choose to wear your pajamas all day and still complete a full day of studying.