timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What You Can Do This Fall Last-Minute

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Between warm beverages like cocoa and apple cider, cute sweaters and hats, and colorful leaves, I think it is safe to say that fall is the best time of the year. During fall, there are numerous fun activities to partake in both by yourself and with friends and family. There are only a few more weeks of fall left before the icy winter draws in, so make sure you check out this list of things to do before fall is over! 

Go to a pumpkin patch

Whether you want to have a cute fall photoshoot with your bffs or if you want to find the perfect pumpkin, the best time to go to a pumpkin patch is in the fall! Oftentimes, pumpkin patches also include Autumn activities like corn mazes and apple picking! Grab your significant other, bffs, or fam and head to a pumpkin patch! If you go to Ohio University, check out Libby’s! Libby’s has cute places to take pictures, a leisure hayride, a corn maze, delicious homemade pumpkin ice cream, and more! 

Carve/paint a pumpkin

If you go to a pumpkin patch and find the perfect pumpkin, then you can either carve or paint it! If you do choose to carve your pumpkin, an added activity could include roasting the seeds. YUM! If you are feeling competitive, you can even have a contest with your friends to see who is most creative. 

Jump into a pile of leaves

Hear me out; this may sound lame, but if you are with the right group of people, jumping into leaves can be a nostalgic pastime. Not only will you be cleaning your lawn by raking up the leaves, but also you will be taken back to an easier time, your childhood. 

Have a bonfire

Everything about bonfires is magnificent. The warmth, the smell, and, most importantly, s’mores. Something about the sound of a guitar under the stars by a fire is magical. If you wait too far into the season, it will get too chilly outside to have a bonfire, so have one while you still can! 

Bake a pie

Pumpkin pie, apple pie, cherry pie, and more, fall is the best time to bake homemade pie instead of buying one from the store. During autumn, pumpkins and apples are in season so it’s a prime time to buy them to bake with! Homemade pies are almost always better than store-bought pie. Or maybe that is just my grandma’s pie! Find homemade pie recipes to try here: https://www.countryliving.com/pie-recipes/ 

Darian Berdysz is an Ohio University graduate. While at school, she studied Communications, Marketing, and Social Media at the Scripps College of Communications. She was also involved with Thread Magazine, Ohio Multimedia Society was a Communication Executive for University Program Council and the Vice President of Students Professionals of Communication Studies. Darian enjoys dancing and singing at every chance she gets, traveling, and spending time with her friends.