What to do with your sib this weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Sibs Weekend at OU is an exciting time. If your sibling is older, you can hit the bars together. Many siblings go to watch sporting events. If the weather is decent, you can even do some adventurous activities. If you aren’t sure what you are going to do, don’t worry! I have gathered some information on several events going on over the weekend, and I’ve also included some activities that you and your sibs can do in your room or around campus.

1. Entertainment

Waka Flocka will be taking over Mem Aud on Saturday, Feb. 7 at 8 p.m. Currently you can purchase balcony tickets for $15 a piece plus an $8 handling fee online.

Sibs of all ages are welcome to the Glo Party going on in the Ballroom at Baker Saturday at 4 p.m. There will be laser tag (glow style!) and glow-in-the-dark airbrush tattoos, among other glowing things.

You can bring your sibs to Fieldhouse Fest for some luau-themed fun. The event takes place at Walter Fieldhouse Saturday at 2 p.m. There will be inflatables, airbrush tattoos, crafts, food, and more! The cost is $5 per person at the door.

Bring out your inner artist at the Kennedy Museum Saturday from 1 to 3 p.m. You can view the art currently on display as well as making some of your very own masterpieces. The admission is free, but there is a $5 charge per person for activities.

Watch a classic film at the Athena Cinema on Court Street. The Labyrinth will play at 7 p.m. on Friday and 3 p.m. on Saturday. The charge is $5 per person.

Try to reinvent a music video with your sibs at the “So yOU Think You’re Famous?” event. Head to the Ballroom at Baker Friday at 8 p.m. to participate for only $2 per person. There will be music, raffles, and more.

2. Sporting Events

There is no shortage of games to watch (or participate in!) over the weekend.

On Friday, Feb. 6, at 7:30 p.m. in Bird Arena, you can watch the hockey team as they face Oklahoma University. The teams face off again Saturday, Feb. 7, at 7:30 p.m., too. Student tickets are $6, general admission tickets are $8, and kids under 5 get in for free.

The basketball team will be taking on Eastern Michigan at the Convo on Saturday, Feb. 7, at 2 p.m. Students get into the game for free as usual, and can buy tickets for their sibs for only $5. General admission tickets are $20.

Finally, if you want to participate instead of watching, you and three others can form a team and join in on the Wallyball Tournament at Ping from 12 to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 7. Winners receive free T-shirts! You can register a team of four players for $20 here.

3. Outdoor Activities

If the weather isn’t too terrible and you need a breath of fresh air, these are some great options!

You and your sibs can go on the Zipline Adventure at the Ridges. There are time slots from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 5 p.m. on both Saturday, Feb. 7 and Sunday, Feb. 8. Tickets are $25 per person and include equipment, instruction, optional shuttle, and more.

You can stargaze around a campfire will making toasty treats at the Ridges at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. The cost is $10 per person and includes transportation and snacks.

For the adventurous siblings, you can hike at Old Man’s Cave from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. The cost is $20 per person and includes transportation and guide staff.

4. DIY Fun

If you want to do your own thing with your sibs, you definitely can! Your sibs can pick up souvenirs from different shops up town, and then you and your sibs can grab a bite to eat at any of your favorite local restaurants. You can also explore Athens and our campus with your sibs. With adult sibs, you can hit the bars each night of the weekend. If you want to stay in, you can do some crafts or relax with some yoga. Whatever you decide to do, you and your sibs are bound to have a great time!

Tweet to us @hercampusohiou your plans for the weekend!

Paige is a student studying Journalism, Social Media, and Women's Studies at Ohio University. She is actively involved with Her Campus Ohio U and Thread Magazine. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @paige__rochelle (two underscores!)
Emily is a junior and HCOU's campus correspondent and editor in chief! Check her out on Twitter, @edafffffron (five f's).