sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Artist and Song You Should Listen To Based On Your Go-To Sunglasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

If you know anything about me, you know how obsessed I am with both sunglasses and music. Sunglasses are by far my favorite accessory, and music fuels my will to live. Not only can sunglasses make or break an outfit, but they also protect your eyes from the sun’s harsh rays. Sunglasses are the perfect accessory to show your style and express yourself. Your choice in sunglasses may say more about you than you think! So here is what song and artist you should listen to based on your go-to sunglasses.

Circle Sunglasses: Zella Day

If your go-to style is circle frames you should listen to “Sweet Ophelia” by Zella Day. Circle sunglasses pull off a flower-child vibe just like her. Put your circle sunglasses on, listen to some Zella Day, and go lounge under a tree or dance in a field of flowers.

Oversized Sunglasses: Madison Beer

Many people look like a bug in oversized sunglasses. But if you can pull off oversized frames and they’re your go-to, then you are a powerful woman. If you love oversized glasses you should check out “Home With You” by Madison Beer from Madison’s album “As She Pleases”. If you are wearing oversized sunglasses, you are shading out the world and there is a 99% chance you do what you please too. Put on your glamorous shades and strut down the sidewalk listening to “Home With You”.

Cat-Eye Sunglasses: Lana Del Rey

Cat-eye sunglasses are extremely trendy. Do you know what else is trendy? Brooklyn, New York. If your favorite sunglasses are cat-eye sunnies you should listen to “Brooklyn Baby” by Lana Del Rey. Similar to cat-eye sunglasses, Lana tends to wear feline-like eyeliner. Therefore, these two are the perfect match.

Aviators: Beyonce

Aviators are classic and versatile. Everyone loves aviators, just like everyone loves Beyoncé. If you don’t love aviators and Queen Bey, then you’re wrong. If you wear aviators on the daily, you should listen to “Sorry” by Beyoncé. There is no specific reason I recommended “Sorry” other than the fact I love it and it is a banger, just like all of Beyoncé’s songs.

Anything Name Brand: Ariana Grande

Did you see it, like it, want it, got it? If your go-to pair of shades is anything name brand then you should listen to “7 Rings” by Ariana Grande. There is no shame in buying something that is a brand name, but plenty of times, you can find similar shades for cheaper. If your receipts look like phone numbers, throw on your Ray Bans, Gucci, Balenciaga, or Dolce & Gabbana and listen to “7 Rings” by Ariana, you won’t be disappointed!

Darian Berdysz is an Ohio University graduate. While at school, she studied Communications, Marketing, and Social Media at the Scripps College of Communications. She was also involved with Thread Magazine, Ohio Multimedia Society was a Communication Executive for University Program Council and the Vice President of Students Professionals of Communication Studies. Darian enjoys dancing and singing at every chance she gets, traveling, and spending time with her friends.