‘Twas the Month Before Move-In and All Through the House All the Problems Were Missing till My Roommate Moved Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

It’s a month before my roommates and I transition from the two years of dorm life into our first house together. Everything seemed put together. The first payment was due in a week. Then, a week before we are each expected to write a several thousand dollar check for the first payment my one roommate told me she’s moving out. Actually, moving out is the wrong term. She told me she’s actually transferring.

(Gif courtesy of umad.com)

It’s bad enough to feel pressured into living with someone, but the pressure of needing to find someone in such a short amount of time is unsettling. The first thought in my head was that she was kidding. Then, I realized she was being dead serious. No offense, but trying to find a random college student that can vibe with four other people is a petrifying thought.

The next thing I thought about is how are we going learn to trust the new roommate if it is a rando and not someone we already know… the truth is we can’t. Then, just to add good measures to my stress level I found out the girl interested in our empty spot will only be here in the fall. This meaning we still would need to find a new person for spring and possibly summer.

It’s fine. I’m fine. It’s casual…

• Why did you not tell us earlier?
  • Who are we supposed to find?
  • This new person better not be like a first appearance Lola from Zoey 101.
  • HOW AM I GOING TO FIND SOMEONE SO LATE IN THE SEMESTER?!

(Gif courtesy of nusouthplayz.com)

But I tried to stay collective and cool. For once in my life, I bit my tongue and I’m trying to find any normal, level-headed roommate this late in the game. Will I have any luck? Well, we can always hope.

Oh and to make it better, I found out the next day that I might not be able to live in my house anyways. I have three weeks worth of laundry overflowing, my only meal left in my room is some Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and Ramen Noodles. I haven’t slept more than a nap’s worth of time, and did I mention I barely had time to shower this week? But again, I wouldn’t expect anything else from my life. At least I have some entertaining stories from my college years, right?

(Photo courtesy of s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com​)

(Cover photo courtesy of king.edu)

Ohio University Class of 2018 Strategic Communications  Just a small town girl with big city dreams
Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!