halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
Style > Fashion

‘The Dynamic Duo’: Iconic Costume Pairings for Block Party ’22

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With the return of Athens’ iconic Block Party nearing, Halloween lovers are gathering their costume supplies in anticipation. We’ll be seeing a lot of costume pairings this year from locals and students alike! Here are my most anticipated costume pairings for Block Party ’22.

nostalgic cartoon character duos

This year will be all about leaning into nostalgia with the best cartoon character duos of the early 2000s. Candace and Vanessa; Woody and Buzz; Daphne and Fred; Spongebob and Patrick are just some of the duos to be seen on Court Street!

Priscilla and Elvis Presley

We’ll be seeing a lot of references to the best movies of 2022 such as Top Gun: Maverick and The Batman, but I think the duo we’ll see is Priscilla and Elvis Presley based on this year’s Elvis release. Though the film was a miss for many viewers, the costume would be great for party-goers looking to pull together a quick yet recognizable outfit.

The dark side of the force

Stars Wars always has a presence in the costuming scene, but I think we’ll be seeing many Sith pairs at Block Party this year. Simple, yet personalizable…the force is strong with these costumes.

Power Rangers

Group costumes can bring friends together, and there are some really simple yet fun options to choose from. My favorite has to be the Power Rangers, which lends itself to the nostalgia of cartoons. This costume idea is also great for groups of all genders, making it perfect for college students!

Fairies

A fan-favorite making its way as a trend for Halloween 2022, iridescent wings and glitter will be seen on all corners of Court Street this fall. I love fairy costumes because they are by far the most customizable duo or group costumes on this list! You can lean into the pastels, or be the grungiest fairy on the block. The options are limitless!

Hi! I'm a second-year Honors Tutorial College journalism student and writer at Ohio University! I enjoy exercising, studying, local coffee, and collecting stickers from local businesses! I can't wait to take you on my college journey!