Style > Fashion

The Costumes We’re Going To See Most This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about what we want to dress up as. So many girls worry about their costumes being too “basic” or popular, which is why I’m predicting this year’s most popular Halloween costumes, so you can decide whether you want to blend in or stand out.

Barbie

Considering Greta Gerwig’s Barbie was the most successful movie of 2023, I think it’s safe to say we’ll be seeing lots of Barbies this Halloween. The great thing about Barbie is there are loads of options to choose from, ranging from “President Barbie” all the way to “Weird Barbie.” If you do dress up as Barbie, make sure to give all your other fellow Barbies a “Hi Barbie!”

Ken

We can’t forget about Barbie’s iconic boyfriend, Ken. Ken was one of the standout characters in Barbie, and I have a feeling we’re going to see lots of guys in Ken’s “Mojo Dojo Casa House” outfit. 

Ariel

Halle Bailey as Ariel in the Little Mermaid
Disney

Ariel is by far one of the best Disney princesses. And with the success of the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid, we’ll be seeing girls of all ages dressed up as Ariel for Halloween this year. 

Princess Peach

With the release of The Super Mario Bros. Movie this spring, Princess Peach will for sure be a popular Halloween costume this fall. A Peach costume is super versatile, too. It can be made into a group costume with other Super Mario Bros. characters, a duo with your bestie dressed as Daisy, or even a couples costume with your partner as Mario… or maybe even Bowser?

Wednesday Addams

jenna ortega as wednesday
Netflix

I know it feels like the Netflix show Wednesday came out forever ago, but in reality, it was released less than a year ago. This means all the Wednesday fans haven’t gotten a chance to dress as Jenna Ortega’s Wednesday Addams yet. 

Taylor Swift

What’s a better excuse to re-wear your Era’s Tour outfit than to be Taylor Swift for Halloween?? I’m hoping we’ll even see some Swiftes recreating Taylor’s most iconic looks from her record-breaking tour, like her “Lover” era sparkly bodysuit or her “22” t-shirt and black hat.

What do you think? Are there any costumes I missed? Just remember that whatever you decide to dress up as, make sure you rock it with style and confidence, no matter how popular or unique it is. 

Amelia is a writer for the Her Campus chapter at Ohio University. She is from Columbus, Ohio and is an Early Childhood Education Major. Along with Her Campus, Amelia is involved in Chaarg and KDPI's chapters at OU.