This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

“1989 (Taylor’s Version)” is set to be released on October 27. As the date rapidly approaches, fans are eagerly awaiting the reveal of the tracklist of this album. While the first 16 tracks originally found on “1989” will remain unchanged, Swift has revealed that “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” will include 5 ‘From the Vault’ tracks. Swift’s ‘From the Vault’ tracks are songs that she wrote for their respective albums but had to be cut when she originally recorded the albums. The ‘From the Vault’ tracks included in the three albums Swift has already rerecorded have been a massive success, adding value to already loved albums and becoming hit singles. In the eyes of Swities, ‘From the Vault’ tracks have the potential to bring about new collabs and fan favorites. Taylor has previously spoken about the hundreds of songs she wrote for “1989” that did not make the cut, so fans are highly anticipating the announcement of the five that finally got to make it and that Taylor herself has deemed as “insane”. Until October 27th, we still have 21 Vault tracks to listen to in the meantime that are all amazing. Here is a ranking of what I believe to be Taylor Swift’s 10 best ‘From the Vault’ tracks that should have made the original recordings of her albums.

all too well (10 minute version) (from the vault) – Red (Taylor’s version)

“All Too Well (10 Minute Version)” was undoubtedly the most anticipated of all the vault tracks. Swift, in an interview given during the original “Red” Era, revealed that she had a 10-minute-long version of the song written before shortening it to the fan-favorite “All Too Well” fans received in 2012. This release brought deeper meaning to the original track. Fan service at its finest.

nothing new (feat. Phoebe bridgers) (from the vault) – Red (Tayor’s Version)

“Nothing New” is a lyrical powerhouse. In tandem with fellow renowned lyricist Phoebe Bridgers, Swift perfectly encapsulates the feeling of aging out of public favor. Such feelings may be hard to communicate to a non-famous audience, but Swift pulls it off perfectly, as only she could.

You All Over Me (feat. Maren Morris) (From The Vault) – Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

“You All Over Me” is the first vault song to be released and, as such, served as a taste of what Taylor had to offer in these rerecordings. It exceeded all expectations of “Fearless”-era Taylor and her lyricism, which was accused of being immature when first released. Morris’s featured vocals added a voice that no one knew was missing from the original album.

i bet you think about me (feat. chris stapleton) (from the vault) – Red (Taylor’s Version)

“I Bet You Think About Me” was a reemergence into the country music scene of which Swift was once a huge part. Albums like “1989” and “Reputation” labeled her as a pop artist and undermined her credibility in the country space. Recording with Chris Stapleton, Swift shows she’s just as much a country legend as she is a pop icon.

Mr. Perfectly Fine (From The Vault) – Red (Taylor’s Version)

“Mr. Perfectly Fine” followed up “You All Over Me” and proved the potential success of Swift’s newest passion projects. While the first vault track reminded us that Taylor’s lyrical ability was never something to be doubted, this song displays the youthful attitude that gained her legions of fans.

foolish one (from the vault) – Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

“Foolish One” is the anthem that all the “Story of Us” girlies had been waiting for. It perfectly portrays the feeling of inadequacy and constant longing for the reciprocity of love that everyone has at 19.

Better man (from the vault) – Red (Taylor’s Version)

Although “Better Man” had been previously released by Little Big Town in 2017, Taylor’s recording shows exactly why she wrote it in the first place. The raw emotions seep through the lyrics and delivery, demonstrating why it belongs in Taylor’s discography.

Don’t You (From The Vault) – Fearless (Taylor’s Version)

“Don’t You” perfectly blends the haunting vocals Taylor is now capable of delivering with the angsty emotions younger her so perfectly captured in her songwriting. This is a perfect vault track in the sense that it blends her current strengths with her past hopes.

castles crumbling (feat. hayley Williams) (from the vault) – Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)

“Castles Crumbling” was the first time Taylor addressed the downsides of having deep connections to her fanbase. She exhibits how her young age at the time of a tumultuous, public trial by fire influenced her view of being a public figure. She comes to terms with the fact that fame is impermanent and public opinion is easily swayed.

The very first night (from the vault)- Red (Taylor’s Version)

“The Very First Night” joins hit songs like “22” and “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” in bridging the gap between the two genres she has been flirting with throughout her career. Songs like these show how imminent the genre shift found in “1989” was, making them vital to both Taylor’s career and the “Red” era.

Azlyn LaFollette is currently a Sophomore at Ohio University majoring in English- Literature, Writing, & Culture, and minoring in Communication Studies. Along with being a writer for HCOU, Azlyn is an Executive Board Member of the The National English Honor Society, Sigma Tau Delta. Azlyn loves to spend her free time attending concerts and reading romance novels.