This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Summer is just around the corner and I know we are all excited. If you don’t have any plans yet, don’t stress about it! Here’s a summer bucket list to start your summer off with a bang.

Plan a Stay-cation

If you don’t have the funds or time for an all-out vacay, a stay-cation is for you. This could be anything from a weekend trip to a family member’s house, a camping trip, or just a day out on the town. Treat yourself to a relaxing and fun adventure.

Go Geocaching or Hiking

Geocaching was a popular activity thing during my senior year of high school. There are still many who participate and it can be altered to fit your needs and wants. If that’s too much work, Google the nearest hiking trail or park.  

Take a Road Trip

You CANNOT go wrong taking an adventure to explore new places. Plan a small trip with your friends or family. Take a road trip to a tourist attraction the next state over, or drive coast to coast if you’re up for it.

Go to a Concert

You don’t have to wait for fo Ariana Grande to choose your city as a tour spot.  Look for festivals, small programs, fundraisers, and the likes to find live music. It likely won’t take much time or money and would be a fun way to spend an evening. If you live in the Cleveland area and have never been to a Blossom concert, put that at the top of your bucket list.  

Stargazing

Picture this: you and your friend laid out on blankets, the night is warm, the crickets are chirping, and the sky is perfectly clear….Sounds nice right? Well, I guarantee there will be at least one day this summer with perfectly clear skies and beautiful weather, take that opportunity to look at the sky. I bet you haven’t gone stargazing in a long time.

Read

Pleasure reading isn’t for everyone but now is the time if you enjoy it. It’s fairly easy and cheap to sign up at your local public library. If that isn’t an option for you, there are online websites and companies that offer subscriptions for access to books.

Learn Something New

Ever wanted to learn Spanish? Build a picnic table? Skateboard? Do something you have always wanted to do because now you have the time.

Factory Tours, Farms and County Festivals

Often times these locations offer inexpensive tours, food and sights to see. You can visit an interesting factory, pick fresh fruit at a farm, or enjoy a new culture. For those lucky enough to be 21 try out a brewery or winery.

Have a Water Fight

We aren’t too old to be young and wild. When your friends from different cities come to visit or when you get to catch up with high school friends, buy some water balloons or water guns and go to town.

National Parks and Museums

Museums and parks are often free, have deals for students, or have deals on certain days. Google and find some websites near you to see what locations are available.

Have a Party

I don’t know about you, but I miss campfires, barbeques and clams. If you have the funds and are willing, having a backyard gathering can be fun for everyone you invite. Ask your friends to pitch in a few dollars or supplies.

Do Something Good for your Community

5k walks and runs, fundraisers and volunteering are all great ways to give back. Take some time to help those who have helped you.

Junior at Ohio University studying Management Information Systems and Business Analytics. Member of the Select Leaders Development Program in the College of Business. I enjoy using writing as a way to express my thoughts in an informal way and to help others with the little things in life.