Staying Fierce Through February Inspired by Tyra Banks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

For those who were or are still fans of Tyra Banks, there is one thing we all learned from her. The term “smize,” aka smiling with your eyes that is a tedious expression to master. This should be your month to master not only smizing but also the wise advice and tips from the smize queen herself. So ladies, read the quotes below and stay smizing with a fierce persona throughout February and on.

1. “Stop saying these negative things about yourself. Look in the mirror and find something about yourself that’s positive and celebrate that!”

In other words, quit focusing on what you want to change about your appearance. Use what you love about yourself as a way to take your confidence to the next level.

2. “It’s so important to understand your good attendance ‘ups’ your chances of graduating.”

Keep going to class and get there on time! Maybe even say “hi” to your professor. Don’t cut yourself short.

3. “I am a businesswoman who goes to work every single day.”

Your major may not be business, but take on each day with a purpose. Even when you aren’t feeling productive, persevere and remember where you want to go.

4. “I’m competitive with myself. I always try to push past my own borders.”

That being said, try new things and get out of your comfort zone. Don’t be afraid to mix it up. You may surprise yourself!

5. “Don’t save bold lashes and red lips for nighttime— do it in the day!”

There’s something about lipstick that is an instant confidence booster. Try a vibrant color you wouldn’t normally wear.

6. “I used to have this joke: ‘Every hallway is a runway.’”

Either by dressing chic or walking with your head held high, strut your stuff.

7. “You’ve got to learn to accept the fool in you as well as the part that’s got it goin’ on.”

Be able to laugh at yourself. No one is perfect!

8. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.”

If someone upsets you, brings you down or makes you angry, brush it off. There is no reason to let somebody else take away your most valuable attributes.

All GIFs courtesy of giphy.com

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano