This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’re a bit movie obsessed and had a countdown until Split hit the box office.

James McAvoy stars as 23 different people in just one film. Suffering from disassociate identity disorder (also known as multiple personality disorder), McAvoy kidnaps three girls and traps them in his underground home. Unaware of his multiple personalities at first, two of the girls try their best to escape while one tries to play it safe in order to stay alive.

While many viewers of the movie can’t decide if they enjoyed or didn’t enjoy the film, I’m confident in saying that I recommend it. There are many plot twists that keep viewers on the edge of their seat. McAvoy absolutely wow-ed me with his acting throughout the movie and I am looking forward to eventually seeing this film again.

McAvoy’s actual identify is a man named Kevin, but years ago he was overcome by 23 other personalities. Kevin’s multiple personality, Barry, visits psychiatrist specializing in dissociate identity disorder, Dr. Fletcher, throughout the movie. Dr. Fletcher finds amazement in studying patients with this disease and is very fond of Kevin.

Throughout the many twists and turns of Split, Kevin’s final personality (the 24th) is eventually revealed at the very end. The outcomes are not what one would expect.

In the wise words of Hedwig, another personality of Kevin’s who resembles a nine-year-old boy, Split is worth seeing, et cetera. 

(Photo courtesy of 4.bp.blogspot.com)

(Cover photo courtesy of img01.ibnlive.in)

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!