sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Should You Move On?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Well bobcats, we made it through fall semester, we made it through the winter, we survived the water pipe breakage of 2017 and now it’s springtime here at OU and we all know what that means; fest season– our favorite time of the year. For us girls, fest season means boy season. A whole new time filled with unnecessary drama from boys who don’t care. Fest season is all fun and games until shit hits the fan.

Let’s face it, winter is a lonely time. Once the spring sun comes out, people start to do crazy things. In particular, the boy who crushed your heart once upon a time, I can guarantee will do something crazy. He’ll try to come back into your life, he’ll say he misses you and better yet, he’ll have you believing him. His apologies might be sincere, he really might miss you, but ask yourself this: do you miss him?

Don’t get me wrong, I am a hopeless romantic and I want to believe the best in people. After someone lets you down so many times though, it’s hard to see the good still. So here’s what I’m struggling with: do I let him back in or do I keep moving on?

I’m sure many of you girls have been in this situation. We all know that boys always come back around.

Lauren Conrad said it best:

(Gif courtesy of collegecandy.com)

Inevitably, you’ll get a snap or a text from a ghost of boyfriends past. The message will linger, filling you with curiosity. Finally you’ll open it and it will be some thing unexpected. And so, the plot thickens. You’ll drive yourself mad thinking about the situation you have found yourself in. However, we have been blessed with fest season to distract us from the craziness of boys. It’s the best distraction. Fest season is for the girls. We get to wear our favorite jerseys or our cutest (and hottest) “fest season outfit,” whatever that really means. Rain or shine, we fest on. Fest season is also notorious for those drunken mistakes. We all make them and that’s OK! A drunken hookup with an ex is almost guaranteed. But, it doesn’t mean anything has changed with him. It doesn’t mean you should get back together. It’s OK to move on. Sometimes no matter how much you like someone, sometimes they just aren’t good for you. Moral of the story: it is fest season ladies; don’t let a boy bum you out. Keep slayin’

Katie McDonough is a freshman at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and is currently undecided about her major. She's a fitness junkie from downtown Chicago who spends much of her time reading blogs. She is a soon to be brother of the service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega and is studying to become an ACE personal trainer and/or group fitness instructor. Some of her favorite things include TurboKick, dancing, pizza, her golden retriever Buddy, reading blogs, and watching trashy tv with her roomie!
Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!