This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

With March fast approaching, Ariana Grande rings in the month with her celebration of Women’s History. On March 5th, she tweeted that she made a compilation of her 103 favorite songs made by and for women on Apple Music. She didn’t fail to add songs from every era, artist, and genre in which everyone who listens will be able to find something they like. This playlist is a perfect representation of women’s spirit, charisma, and their ability to inspire others to live unapologetically. https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/1367935074285596679?s=20

Protester holds "The future is female" sign in Sweden
Photo by Lindsey LaMont from Unsplash

The first song on the playlist is Britney Spears’ “Stronger” which sets the tone for Women’s History Month. This throwback will resonate with those in the early 2000s while celebrating being single and stronger than the day before. Ariana stacks her playlist with other favorites from this time such as Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood, Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani, No Scrubs by TLC, Put Your Records on by Corinne Bailey Rae, Love Song by Sara Bareilles, and Independent Women Pt. 1 by Destiny’s Child.

Ariana makes her playlist diverse in genre, but also in language. She adds K-Pop sensation BLACKPINK to the mix with their smash hit DDU-DU DDU-DU. This all-women band creates this high-tempo, feel-good, electric, EDM song that anyone is able dance to it, no matter the language. BLACKPINK also pairs up with Selena Gomez on Ice Cream, another song on the playlist. This fun, easy-going song is the perfect blend between genres that celebrates women’s sexual freedom and power.

Next on the list is the continuation of current pop music. Today, women control the radio, social media, and viral dance videos with 34+35 and thank u, next by Ariana Grande, Cyber Sex and Rules by Doja Cat, Savage Remix with Megan Thee Stallion and Beyonce, and Rain On Me by Lady Gaga. These songs are constantly used for TikTok videos, Instagram stories, and Twitter references.

Person Holding TikTok with a Cloud Background
Photo by Kon Karampelas from Pixabay

Overall, Ariana Grande’s playlist is perfect for this month and should honestly be played on repeat. The songs she picked aren’t just catchy and my personal favorite, but they reinforce the idea that women can do whatever they put their mind to.

Next time your significant other doesn’t text back, you can’t find the answer to your math homework, or you feel like you aren’t living up to your potential, I highly advise you to listen to Ariana Grande’s playlist, because trust me, you won’t regret it.

Lily Biros is the Vice President Co-Campus Correspondent at Ohio University. She is a senior student majoring in Strategic Communication at E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. She enjoys writing, eating, and rollerblading and is the Vice President for the Asian American Pacific Islander Student Union (AAPI).
Ohio University Contributor Account