Rupauls Drag Race Season 15 Episode 4 Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

We started this week off with some piping hot tea as Spice cried about Sugar leaving the MainStage and leaving a heartfelt note telling the other queens to take care of Spice. After that, Spice threw some shade saying she believed that someone else should’ve went home and Mistress confirmed our assumptions that Spice was referring to Aura Mayari. Speaking of Mistress, during untucked Marcia Marcia Marcia claimed that she believed she was in second place after Loosey LaDuca last episode and Mistress essentially said that she knew that she was in second place and that Marcia didn’t do as good as she thought. This released a lot of backlash within the Drag Race community and Marcia’s fans were reporting Mistress’ Instagram and had her banned. Marcia took to Instagram Reels to confront this bullying and said she did not support it and she was incredibly disappointed in her fans.

Midi Challenge: The library is open

“Because reading is what? Fundamental!” Finally we have a midi challenge during an episode and what better way than to restart the midi’s with a reading challenge where each drag queen are meant to roast each other for fun. Loosey LaDuca won this challenge and was tipped $2,500.

Maxi Challenge: fashion houses

This week the Queens were randomly selected to be put into three different fashion houses: the houses of Visage, Kressley, and Matthews. The queens were bought to their different “houses” and were challenged to use home decor items inspired by the three Rupaul Drag Race staple judges. The House of Visage featured golds, purples, and animal print while Matthews was fully inspired by Palm Springs, oranges and teals, palm tree print. House of Kressley had a western theme going on, with plaids and horses. On team Matthews was Loosey LaDuca, Marcia Marcia Marcia, Malaysia Babydoll Fox, and Sasha Colby. Team Kressley had Robin Fierce, Jax, Salina EsTitties, and Anetra. Finally, House of Visage had Amethyst, Luxx London Noir, Aura Mayari, Mistress Isabelle Brookes, and Spice. My favorite looks from this maxi challenge which was also the runway challenge were Marcia Marcia Marcia coming in at number one, Luxx London Noir next, and finally Loosey LaDuca coming in third. I also enjoyed Spice’s Y2K look and Robin Fierces take on a kilt.

Serious moments

Jax opened up about she was adopted in a family with white parents in a mainly white city of Connecticut. She talked about how there were only three people of color in her high school and how she had to explain why she was at events, proving that her parents were her parents. This made her feel like she wasn’t allowed to exist. Her parents were constantly praised for doing the “Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie thing” and that her parents tried to not see color and in reality this just washed away her culture and made her feel like she wasn’t allowed to be herself. Jax explained that after moving to New York City she learned to embrace her race and culture, that she is allowed to exist and take up space.

Spice talked about how much her and Sugar loved dolls growing up. They felt shamed into hiding the dolls away to not seem girly, it was their little secret. Society made them ashamed to enjoy dolls, to the point where Spice had to lie and say she was buying the doll for her sister. In the end, Spice explained how this brought her and her brother Sugar together, creating an unbreakable bond.

Judges:

This weeks judges consisted of Michelle Visage, Ross Matthews, and extra special guest judge Janelle Monae.

Who won:

Luxx London Noir won.

Lipsync for your life:

In the bottom two were Salina EsTitties and Amethyst. They lip-synched to Q.U.E.E.N. by Janelle Monae. Amethyst was finally sent home.

Top 4 predictions:

My predictions remain the same from last weeks, but I do think that we need to watch out for Luxx London Noir, as she could become a front runner too! My Top 4 Predictions from last week were Loosey LaDuca, Marcia Marcia Marcia, Mistress Isabelle Brookes, and Sasha Colby.

Hi! I am Maddie and I am from Kent. I love crystals, plants, music, and I am really into chakra cleansing. I hike and do yoga during my free time! My major is music education and my dream job is to be an elementary music teacher. I am in a treble ensemble called Bella Voce, a music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota, and Nafme!