Rupaul’s Drag Race Season 15 Episode 2 Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

The Queens are back for another episode and things just got real. The first Queen was sent home, Irene Dubois. In this episode there was no midi challenge, the maxi challenge took up most of the time.

Maxi Challenge: infomercial for heaven

In this weeks maxi challenge, the Queens were divided into three groups. Team Anetra because Anetra won last week, Team Amethyst because Amethyst was in the bottom two and won, and Team Leftovers. Anetra got to choose four ladies first and they are Sasha Colby, Luxx London Noir, Marcia Marcia Marcia, and Salina EsTitties. Amethyst chose Loosey Laduca, Aura Mayari, Princess Poppy, and Spice. Leftover were Jax, Sugar, Malaysia Babydoll Fox, Mistress Isabelle Brooks, and Robin Fierce. Each of the teams needed to write an infomercial about what heaven would look like in the mind of the LGBTQ+ community. Team Amethyst chose the aspect that Dolly Parton was God and showcased amenities that heaven had. Team Anetra took a similar approach with showing the amenities but instead Sasha Colby was the Godly figure. Team Leftovers had a concept called “drag hagatory” where essentially the Drag Queens were trapped in purgatory to perform for those in heaven. Opinion: Team Anetra had the best execution because the jokes landed and it showed all of the Queens personalities.

Special Moment

Malaysia Babydoll Fox and Mistress Isabelle Brooks had a heart to heart talking about their families acceptance to their sexuality. Some tears were shed as the two shared such an intimate story with each other. They both talked about how religion affected their lives when it came to the acceptance of others and themselves. Mistress had a slightly different experience than Malaysia, who was accepted with open arms in her family. Mistress talked about how coming out caused her to be kicked out on the streets and homeless, but also talked about the silver lining it had which was how she found her true family in drag.

Catergory is: Metallica

This week the runway challenge was titled “Metallica” which is basically a fun and fancy way of saying metallic runway looks. My personal favorite look on the runway was Amethyst! The headband added a whole Godly theme mixed with the blonde fluffy hair and the flow gold dress was just to die for!! My other favorites were Sasha Colby, who featured a chicken/phoenix type silver look, Luxx London Noir, who also featured a gold dress just less flowy, Marcia Marcia Marcia who gave me my cogs worth and ballet type dream (she was my second favorite), and Robin Fierce who was giving warrior realness (third favorite). A special shout out to Princess Poppy’s blue wig, I thought it looked fabulous, giving me Blueberry Muffin dreams!

Judges:

On this episode, the classic Michelle Visage was there and two special guest stars: TS Madison and Maren Morris.

Who won?

Sasha Colby won this weeks episode.

lipsync for your life

The two queens who had to lip-sync for their lives were Princess Poppy and Amethyst. The song that was chosen was “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.”

Who went home

Princess Poppy was sent home by lip-sync assassin Amethyst. I was sad to see Princess Poppy go home because I wanted to see more of her artistry, but I am excited to see more from amethyst. Honestly with the way the lip-sync was going I didn’t know who was going to win.

Top 4 predictions

My top four predictions remain the same as they were last week: Marcia Marcia Marcia, Jax, Loosey LaDuca, and Malaysia Babydoll Fox.

Hi! I am Maddie and I am from Kent. I love crystals, plants, music, and I am really into chakra cleansing. I hike and do yoga during my free time! My major is music education and my dream job is to be an elementary music teacher. I am in a treble ensemble called Bella Voce, a music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota, and Nafme!