etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Recap: “The Bachelor” Episode 4 Big Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

*Contains Spoilers*

While no one can deny the ridiculousness and absurdity of “The Bachelor”, the dramatic reality show has continued to reel audiences in for countless seasons. It is one of my guiltiest pleasures–and it’s even better to view the show while keeping up with viral memes on Twitter. 

As my enjoyment for this show has persisted, I have decided to break down a recap of tonight’s episode airing on January 27:

After the conclusion of “Champagne-Gate”, and the dramatic rose ceremony last week where Alaya got sent home for manipulative behavior, the remaining women were ready to start the week off fresh. 

The episode opened with host, Chris Harrison, informing the ladies that bachelor Peter has left Los Angeles, therefore, the ladies are finally leaving the mansion and beginning their travels to Cleveland, Ohio. 

Big moment #1: The Ex-boyfriend

The first one-on-one date card was for Victoria F. They began their date by flying in an airplane, despite Victoria F.’s chagrin. After the flight, they headed to the famous Cedar Point theme park, which they had to themselves for the whole day. The drama finally stirred up here, when Peter lead Victoria F. to a private country concert performed by singer Chase Rice–who turned out to be, in fact, Victoria F.’s ex-boyfriend (applause for “The Bachelor’s” producer’s schemes.)

Victoria F. was very bothered by the coincidence and gave an emotional confession to Peter regarding her past relationship. She left their table emotional, but they ultimately ended up resolving the issue, and he offered her the rose. 

Meanwhile, the girls received a group date card, where they played football against each other. The incentive: the winners can earn more time with Peter. After an intense game, the teams tied, so they all got to attend the cocktail party. 

Big Moment #2: She’s Back

Tensions arose when Alayah, who got sent home the previous week, showed up during their cocktail party to, “set the record straight,” about gossip that spread about her being ingenuine. She revealed that Victoria P. lied, which causes a confrontation between Peter and her. After several dramatic conversations, he offered Alayah another chance to come back onto the show, to which she agreed. (Sigh). 

The biggest jaw-dropper of the night, however, was that Peter gave Alayah the group date rose over any of the women who actually participated in the football date. Needless to say, the other women were incredibly upset.

The final one-on-one date card was for Kelsey, where they explored Cleveland and she revealed a personal story about her childhood. She was offered the rose. 

Since Alayah was kicked off, she had the opportunity to go on the Internet. Since returning, she spread the details about Victoria F.’s relationship with Chase Rice. Victoria F. boldly confronted Alayah about her persistence to stir the pot just hours after being invited back–which the Twitter audience was living for. 

Big Moment #3: The Uncertainty

At the cocktail party, before the rose ceremony, the women expressed their anger about Peter’s decisions in a much-needed confrontation about his ethics. The episode concluded with Peter talking to the camera about his frustration, questioning what his next move will be.

The episode ended without a rose ceremony, and a cliff-hanger on the screen: “To Be Continued”. 

Lauren Serge

Ohio U '23

Lauren Serge is currently a senior at Ohio University, majoring in Journalism and specializing in Marketing and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is the current President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus OU chapter. She enjoys writing, walking, spending time with her family, friends, and her dog, as well as catching up on her many favorite tv shows.