Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

Ranking Every Harry Styles Song from Fine Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

In honor of me seeing Harry Styles in concert very soon, I wanted to rank every one of his songs from Fine Line. I am not including his previous album in this ranking! Regardless of your opinion, I am right and you’re wrong. (Kidding). So buckle up and get your martini out for this ranking.

1. “Cherry”

This song is just perfection, it is calming and has so many emotions filled within it. I love how he added in a voicemail message from Camille at the end of the song to confirm it was about her. It is completely and utterly unique and will forever be his best song on this album.

2. “canyon moon”

For all the folk song lovers out here, “Canyon Moon” is a marriage between pop and folk. It has such good vibes and driving in the sun with this song blasting is absolutely perfect.

Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

3. “falling”

This song is just so heartbreaking and that’s why I love it. I can listen to it sobbing belting my heart out. Sometimes we all need to get a good cry out and this song is perfect for doing so.

4. “Treat People With Kindness”

This song is just so fun and it spreads such a good message. In times like these, so many people are divided and hated upon for different reasons. If we all take Harry’s advice and “Treat People With Kindness”, the world will be a better place.

5. “Golden”

This song just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The beginning instrumental part with him breaking it with, “hey”, then a beat drop happening is just pure perfection. Chefs kiss.

6. “To be so lonely”

“To Be So Lonely” gives me spine chills. It is like the little sibling of “Canyon Moon”. This is one of my sister’s favorites and I can understand why. This song just gives off happy sounds mixed with sad lyrics and it is just so beautiful!

7. “sunflower vol. 6”

This song was perfect for the trending Indie sound. It reminded me of Rex Orange County who has such good music. This song is very good and perfect for when you’re going to a sunflower field.

8. “fine line”

“Fine Line” is a beautiful song, especially when listening to it when you’re in your feels. I personally love singing this one in the shower.

9. “lights up”

This song is unique in itself, I feel like I haven’t quite heard any song like it however, due to this it can be easily forgotten as well. All in all, I enjoy this song a lot and it feels like a party song.

10. “she”

This one is too unique to be on the bottom, it has a sort of rock vibe to it which is different, especially compared to the other songs on this album.

11. “watermelon sugar”

This song does not deserve the hate it gets however, compared to the rest of the songs on this album, it is in my opinion the weakest one. I do give it credit for giving Harry more popularity though and I still listen to this one happily.

All in all, every single song on this album is a hit. The competition was very tough and this ranking is to be completely honest: ruthless. If you have somehow not listened to Harry Styles, I encourage you to do so. He will probably be taught about in music history classes in the future and he has something for everyone. Also just a PSA: I am sorry if this ranking personally made you feel attacked, but it is the way and the truth, no doubt.

Hi! I am Maddie and I am from Kent. I love crystals, plants, music, and I am really into chakra cleansing. I hike and do yoga during my free time! My major is music education and my dream job is to be an elementary music teacher. I am in a treble ensemble called Bella Voce, a music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota, and Nafme!