People I should Write Open Letters to

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

I feel like 2017 has been the year of open letters. Every time I log on to Facebook, I’m sure to see someone writing to their dad, their best friend, their ex-boyfriend or the teacher who impacted their entire life. So it got me thinking about all the people in my life who deserve an open letter, whether it’s a thank you letter or a letter letting them know how they’ve negatively impacted me. Without further ado, here is everyone I would write an open letter to if I had the time/energy/laptop battery.

1. To the professors who said that attendance is not mandatory
  2. To the girl who looks like a model in her Instagram pictures and makes me feel like a potato

3. To the girl who lived in my dorm who rearranged her closet at 2 am

4. To the McDonald’s worker that gave me 11 nuggets in my 10 piece meal

5. To the guy who asked me if I knew where he could buy heroin which made me question what about me made me look like I do heroin

6. To the hot dude, I made meaningful eye contact with at Jimmy John’s that one time

7. To the girl in the bar bathroom who touched my hair and told me I was hot right before she threw up in the toilet

8. To the random person at my family reunion who I am certain is not related to me

9. To the friend who always says we should hang out but neither of us ever makes plans

10. To the lady at the nail salon who I’m pretty sure talks shit about the state of my toes but always makes my nails look beautiful

11. To the person I don’t know but who I see everywhere on campus

12. To the friend who always makes her drinks way too strong and dies during the pregame

13. To that guy who dated my friend and broke her heart who I never met but hate anyway

14. To that person who thinks that every conversation is a yelling competition

15. To dad who screamed at me while I refereed his four-year-old child’s soccer game because apparently, rec soccer is the equivalent of the World Cup

16. To the person who interrupted me while I was telling a story five years ago who I still hold a grudge against 

17. To that girl who is premed, president of 7 organizations, a member of a club sports team and has a thriving social life: seriously, how?

18. To the guy with the shitty fake ID who still tries to get into nicer bars

19. To the high school teacher who repeatedly told their students to never become a teacher

20. To the people who actually took the time to read this: wow, you’re pretty cool we should hang 

(All photo courtesy of giphy)

Ohio University Class of 2018 | Psychology major West Virginia native now living in Athens. I love traveling, eating junk food and quoting The Office. You'll probably find me yelling at a TV while watching football.