This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

While each new year brings about new goals, new classes, and new experiences, one of the best New Year’s excitements is what will be added to Netflix. Whether its a reinstallment of a favorite Netflix original, an addition of a classic film, or a brand new series, there will certainly be a lot of riveting binge-watching occurring in 2020. 

Here’s a list of just some of the movies and television shows Netflix has added or will be adding this month:

Movies

“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”

This classic 80s movie about a popular teenager crafting the most mischievous and entertaining day off high school is a definite mood booster. Plus, it has one of the most memorable dance scenes in movie history. 

“Inception”

This mind-bending Leonardo DiCaprio film is full of existential questions and theories that will make you want to watch it over and over again. 

“Magnolia”

This artistic film about intersecting stories displays how we impact each others’ daily lives, whether we are aware of it or not. 

“Pan’s Labyrinth”

This historical commentary film is full of imagination and frightful creatures that will leave you entertained by both the impeccable story and the fascinating direction. 

“Catch Me If You Can”

My personal favorite movie on this list, this film tells the true story of Frank Abagnale Jr., starring Leonardo DiCaprio, as he runs from the law in a truly genius and fascinating con scheme. 

TV Shows

“Cheer”

This documentary hones in on the struggles of cheer at Navarro College, following them in their pursuit to victory. 

“Spinning Out”

This ice-skating drama showcases the difficulty of balancing the pressures of sports, family life, and mental illness.

“Sex Education” 

This Netflix original is debuting its second season and it’s the one I’m most excited to catch up on. The British drama-comedy series focuses on teenagers’ comedic and heartfelt understandings of sexuality.

“Grace and Frankie”

The comedic duo of Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are reunited for the second to last season of Grace and Frankie, a wholesome and hilarious show that navigates their friendship through personal battles. 

“AJ and the Queen”

This new comedy series follows RuPaul and an orphaned 10-year-old boy as they begin to form a familial bond despite their many differences. 

Lauren Serge

Ohio U '23

Lauren Serge is currently a senior at Ohio University, majoring in Journalism and specializing in Marketing and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is the current President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus OU chapter. She enjoys writing, walking, spending time with her family, friends, and her dog, as well as catching up on her many favorite tv shows.