The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

The month of February is the month of love and also my birthday month! I wanted to create a list of my favorite things during this lovely chilly month.

1. Amethyst

The account above is my crystal account if you are interested! @labradoritelover

This month I have not been able to stop buying amethyst! Maybe it’s because I am more stressed than usual but the different purple colors have been drawing me in. It feels like even at the most random places amethyst has seemed to find me, like I found a beautiful sparkly amethyst cutbase at a thrift store!

2. animal crossing

Now I know this game came out a long time ago, but I have been playing it for a few months now and can not put down the nintendo switch! It is just so wholesome watching your town grow and watching the villagers create bonds together. I love decorating things and flowers, so the fact that I can decorate with flowers is everything to me!! This game is truly calming and great when you need a break from reality.

3. Disneys Encanto

This movie is just perfect! It captures generational trama so well and has so many easter eggs in it. Every single time I watch it, I find something new in the movie. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing and some of my favorite songs to date are from it. The fact that this movie is focused on people with so many different shapes, abilities, and sizes show little kids that everyone can be amazing. My favorite character is either Bruno, Pepa, or Antonio!! My favorite song is definetly “Dos Oruguitas.”

4. Sound cleansing

I have been going through the journey of spirituality for years now but just recently got into sound cleansing. It all started when I got a singing bowl for Christmas from a local metaphysical shop. I love how I can feel the vibrations in my body, it is so grounding. This might sound crazy, but I can feel the vibrations cleansing the chakras that are blocked! I was also gifted with a pair of hand cymbals, alson known as Tingsha Chimes. I love these little cymbals for when I need to clear my third eye or crown chakra because they are easy to lift near that area. My most recent addition to my sound cleansing group is a heart chakra tuning fork! With this one, I can feel the vibrations the most. It gives me tingles!! I am obsessed with sound cleaning!

5. Playing the piano

As a music major, I have to take piano classes so I am a well-rounded student. This was extremely exciting for me and a semester later and I can not stop practicing! It is so rewarding to learn about how much I have grown especially for the fact that I have been playing for less than a year! I can’t wait until I can play more complex pieces because I have always wanted to play the piano!! It is so calming and I feel so grounded when I play it!

6. twoset violin

TwoSet Violin is a YouTube channel with two guys named Eddy and Brett. On this channel they talk about music and their journey as professional musicians and they also make funny music content. I can not stop binging their videos, they literally brighten my day whenever I watch them. Even non-musicians could watch them and enjoy their content!

7. lemon sorbet

I don’t know what it is but I can not get enough lemon sorbet. It is the perfect mixture of sour and sweet and it is so refreshing. When I eat it, I don’t feel weighed down or even negative about what I just ate. It makes my heart so happy and I can not stop eating it. I specifically like the kind from Haagen Das!

8. Monkeys!

I have grown an obsession when it comes to monkeys, specifically baby monkeys. As a child I watched the movie “Buddy” growing up and it is so hard to stop myself from getting a pet monkey. I love it when Hasbulla (internet famous) and his monkey are hanging out! I just find them so adorable!!

9. disco music

Every single time I listen to disco music, I can’t help but smile. Listening to disco music uplifts my mood every single time and I am not completely sure why! It is so hard not to just break out dancing when I have my disco playlist on! (Feel free to click the red link if you’re interested!) Specifically I have been obsessed with Boogie Wonderland!

10. Lavendar scented things

Honestly I have been obsessed with lavendar scented things for a while now but it has been super prevelant during February. It kind of goes hand in hand with the amethyst because they’re both purple and help relieve anxiety! My entire body care routine is lavendar (except my shave oil and body scrub). My staple shampoo is the Tea Tree lavendar shampoo and my staple conditioner is just the classic Tea Tree conditioner. My current body soap is from Space Cadet Soaps in the scent Huckleberry and Lavendar (it smells AMAZING). My lotion is Dr. Teals lavendar lotion! Also the wall plug-in I have is Lavendar and Linen!! I guess you could say I LOVE lavendar!

Hi! I am Maddie and I am from Kent. I love crystals, plants, music, and I am really into chakra cleansing. I hike and do yoga during my free time! My major is music education and my dream job is to be an elementary music teacher. I am in a treble ensemble called Bella Voce, a music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota, and Nafme!