This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.
Name: Luke Torrance

Year: sophomore

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA

Campus Involvement: The New Political, SB Nation, intramural softball and intramural basketball.

Favorite place on Court Street: Big Mamma’s

Last most embarrassing moment: His voice cracked for the first time singing lead vocals. He also puked on the first day of cross country (but still stayed on the team).

3 things he couldn’t live without: phone, Netflix and watching MLB

Best part about being a Bobcat: the sense of community, small town feel, and how everyone looks out for each other.

Secret talent: ability to recall “the most random crap”

Role model: Roberto Clemente

Dream date in Pittsburgh: Lunch in Point Park, hit up The Mattress Factory Art Museum, see a Pirates baseball game, and grab some dinner at Piccoloforno Pizza afterwards. Then he would walk around Lawrenceville with his date and take her to the Duquesne incline to look over the city.
Sophomore studying magazine/news writing at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism; also working on a minor in French. Scripps J-School Ambassador Her Campus Ohio U copy editor Backdrop Magazine writer Interned at West Life/The Press newspapers in Cleveland (Summer 2014) www.emjmac.wordpress.com
Meredith is a junior at Ohio University and Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Ohio U. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. Her hobbies include dreaming about traveling, drinking unhealthy amounts of coffee, and driving her pink car. You can follow her on Twitter (@Mere_Broadwater) and Instagram (@meredithbroad).