This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

This past weekend, I went to go see Harry Styles for the first time. I was never into One Direction when I was younger, (even though now I am a huge fan) so it was a big deal for me to see him. I started listening to him during a hard time in my life, so it was pretty amazing to see him perform. My sister and I bonded over our love for Harry, the music brought us closer, so I was extremely lucky to go with her.

First, they asked for our COVID Vaccine Card and then we showed them our tickets and got inside. The outfits everyone had on was something I had never seen before. The only other concert I have been to was a Troye Sivan concert back in 2014, I believe. It was like I was at a New York fashion week with all of the glitter, rhinestones, boas and so on. My sister and I decided to get in the merch line. This line was long, I felt like I was in Disney waiting to get onto a beloved ride. However, the line went by super fast and we got to our seats about thirty minutes after we arrived.

The opener was someone I had never heard of before, just like with Troye Sivan. I had never heard of Dua Lipa before, and at Harry’s concert, I had never heard of Jenny Lewis. She is phenomenal, I felt like I was watching a young Stevie Nicks perform at a concert, like I was at a time that music history was being made. Her whole overall aesthetic was absolutely amazing, it was witchy and the music was folky. She has probably become one of my new favorite artists.

Anthony Pham is Harry’s Photographer on Tour

Finally, Harry arrived on stage and I have never screamed so loud. I don’t really see myself as an ultra fan of anyone, I have never cried or totally fangirled over a celebrity (except Robin Williams). But when Harry came out, I threw away all my dignity. He is like the modern day Freddy Mercury mixed with Elton John, and in case you didn’t know, I love both of them. This outfit was a beautiful sparkly top with black pants. I actually started crying during the second song.

He sang the beloved Banana song and someone in the crowd was two days cancer free. It looked like he was about to start crying and I felt the same way too. It is amazing how they were cancer free and at a concert, it’s so special. We also sang Happy Birthday to someone, which was fun. I enjoyed how he mixed music and interaction with the audience seamlessly. He genuinely cared about his fans, not because they supply him money. He is extremely genuine.

I have never screamed or sang so loud in my life. Going to “Love on Tour” was one of the best experiences of my life and will become a key memory of mine. It felt so surreal being in the same room as him and singing along with him. This concert was extremely comfortable and I felt safe, which is special because it was such a large venue. The personal memories my sister and I made will never be replaceable. If you are able to afford to attend this concert, I would highly recommend you go, because Harry Styles is going to be an extremely famous name when it comes to modern-day music history. Be a part of the story.

Hi! I am Maddie and I am from Kent. I love crystals, plants, music, and I am really into chakra cleansing. I hike and do yoga during my free time! My major is music education and my dream job is to be an elementary music teacher. I am in a treble ensemble called Bella Voce, a music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota, and Nafme!