This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Well, the votes are in and it’s done. Our new President? Donald J. Trump. And whether you’re jubilated or devastated, he ran an interesting campaign. So, what’s next for Mr. Trump, America and the world?

President Elect Trump came out on top with 276 electoral votes (270 electoral votes are needed to win), much to many peoples surprise.

So, what can the American people expect from a Trump presidency? Although it’s unlikely that the 19th Amendment will be repealed, many women and minorities are feeling insecure for their future in America.

(Some other horrible things Trump has said about women, people living with disabilities and minorities can be found here, here and here)

He still insists that he will have a wall built and that Mexico will pay for said wall. Mexico disagrees. It’s unclear whether or not a wall will do as much as President Elect Trump hopes.

Mr. Trump is also (newly) pro-life and will likely nominate a Supreme Court Justice with a vested interest in overturning Roe v. Wade.

In addition, it is likely that President Elect Trump is going to seek the defunding of Planned Parenthood. Approximately 3% of Planned Parenthoods governmental budget goes toward funding abortions, while 97% go toward women’s health issues.

“Millions and millions of women — cervical cancer, breast cancer — are helped by Planned Parenthood,” Trump said on the stage of February’s Republican debate. He then added: “I would defund it because of the abortion factor.” 

Although his comments are vague on how this would happen, President Elect Trump believes that everyone should be able to afford college.

Of course, as America is a superpower, what happens here affects more than just the United States. And not everyone is thrilled about our new President Elect. Although England may not be thrilled, Egypt and Russia are both very excited to welcome Mr. Trump into the Oval Office.

So the future? Unclear, just like after every election where an incumbent does not win. Hopefully, President Elect Trump becomes a good president by everyone’s standards.

(Photo courtesy of businessinsider.com) 

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!