A Little Winter TV Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

It’s winter time once again–even though it may not seem like it with this random 70 degree weather!
That means it’s time for all of our favorite TV shows to come back! Here are recaps of what’s happened
so far in these series.

The Carrie Diaries: This show has so much potential! Who wouldn’t want a prequel series to our all-
time favorite show, Sex and the City!? The show started off slow. It’s weird seeing Carrie Bradshaw as
a young, inexperienced high school girl. The first episode we’re introduced to her family, including her
dad and little sister Dorrit, her two best friends Maggie and Mouse, and her love interest Sebastian.
We see her step foot in NYC for the first time and get her first taste of that lifestyle. The next episode
she eventually starts to drop her good-girl image, sneaking around NYC when she’s supposed to be
working with her older, edgier friend Larissa. We also find out that daddy Bradshaw isn’t too keen on
new boy Sebastian entering his daughter’s life. The latest episode “Read Before Use” focuses on labels,
like best friend, friend, boyfriend and girlfriend. Here we finally see a glimpse of the Carrie we all know
and love! She’s finding her way around NYC and getting that “I’ll try anything once” attitude we’ve been
dying to see–hence her encounter at an art exhibit with the “ex-porn star” who’s found herself. But it
wouldn’t be Carrie without some relationship drama! After her dad forbids her relationship with “bad
boy” Sebastian and she finds out that he’s actually one of her dad’s clients, she takes matters into her
own hands. She sneaks into her dad’s filing cabinet to see what Sebastian’s past holds. This is the crazy,
stalking and conniving actions Carrie Bradshaw would take! Unfortunately, bad boy didn’t like this too
much and ended things with her immediately. The show is slowly getting better with each episode. The
first one almost lost us, but when Carrie finds her mom’s old journal and starts writing in it for the first
time, we were hooked.

Glee: Our favorite showstoppers are back from what seemed like a never-ending break! This week,
we find out the Warblers cheated at sectionals–shocking (insert sarcasm). Tina suggests the ever-so-
awkward Sadie Hawkins dance, where the girls ask the guys. Kurt has his first day at NYADA, which
seems sort of fast, and Rachel insults NYADA show choir, calling it the “lowest of the low” at NYADA.
This seems a little hypocritical since show choir is what got her to NYC, but remarks like this are what
make us love her even more. Tina sang “I Don’t Know How to Love Him” from Jesus Christ Superstar,
and we died from excitement. She nailed it, proving her talent! She sings this to Blaine to ask him to
the dance, but he kindly declines. Kurt meets a new friend, finally, and Blaine is crushing on Sam?
Kitty tries to steal Jake from Marley with her sex appeal, but big brother Puck steers him in the right
direction yet somehow finds himself wrapped up with Kitty. Sam and Blaine put the Warblers on blast
for using steroids to cheat, and Rachel throws a hissy fit for Brody being 45 minutes late to dinner. Then,
somehow asks him to move in? We’ve determined this girl likes to move fast. As always our favorite
part of the show was the musical numbers. Tina’s “I Don’t Know How to Love Him” was the favorite of
the night, but the boys “No Scrubs” was too adorable for words. Sadly, the girls “Locked Out of Heaven”
was a tad on the disappointing side. It needed more of Brittany dancing and Unique singing. One final
thought about this episode: we missed Lauren! She needs to return as a regular. Next week’s episode

“Naked” has us bursting with excitement! There’s a “Men of McKinely” calendar and Rachel singing
“Torn.” We’re excited to see a glimpse of the old reindeer sweater, knee-high sock wearing Rachel
Berry back!

New Girl: New Girl stole our hearts last year when it aired! Like the rest of the world, we can’t get
enough of Zooey Deschanel’s cute quirkiness and her three hilarious roommates. The show returned
early January and has remained funny, as always, but uneventful. Since the return, Jess meets a hot
pediatrician, Sam, by saying she is Katie, the girl he was supposed to meet on a blind Internet date–
which ended up being a “I’ll call when I want a hook up” sort of deal. That didn’t work out for Jess
because she can’t be the unattached hook up buddy. Eventually, Sam changes his mind and decides he
does want something more with Jess and wins her back. Then Jess, Sam, Nick and Angie (Nick’s new
stripper girlfriend) go on a camping trip in Sam’s boss’s cabin. This turns into a drunken night of the crew
pretending to be someone they’re not. Jess ends up admitting she was nervous to spend time alone
with Sam and that is why Nick and Angie are there. Then, Nick ends up admitting to Angie he’s not the
type of guy who doesn’t care or who wasn’t into a serious relationship. She agrees to take things more
seriously, but Nick wakes up the next morning to an empty bed. Once again, poor Nick gets dumped.
Next episode revolves around Nick’s dad coming to town. He’s a manipulative con artist who Nick can
never please. Nothing too significant happens in this episode except Jess meets Nick’s dad and Winston
and Schmidt share a pretty hilarious day together. Schmidt tries to let Winston express his “black side”
in their apartment and promises he’ll do whatever Winston wants to do that day. The most important
details happened in the latest episode. The guys go out determined to find some lady companions
to spend the night. They decide to leave Jess at home because she always ruins it for them–this part
broke our hearts. Winston finds he can’t talk to girls anymore and befriends a girl who is engaged to
help him. Turns out she only wears the ring to avoid guys hitting on her. Schmidt and Nick fight over
the same girl that is into helping guys out–hence the two arguing whose life is more pathetic. Jess gets
scared at home and begs Nick to come back. All guys and their girls come back to the apartment to play
an extremely confusing stripper game. Long story short, Nick and Jess end up in an adult 7 Minutes in
Heaven situation. They’re forced to kiss, and right when it’s about to happen, Nick chickens out saying
he didn’t want to do it like that, leaving us with high hopes and an even higher heart rate! At the end
of the night, everyone heads to bed, but Nick and Jess run into each other in the hallway. They say
their goodnights, and as Jess is about to head to bed with Sam, Nick grabs her and they have the most
adorable make out session–what we have been waiting for since the series started! Our hearts melted,
and our faces hurt from holding back our happy tears! Finally! The only downside to this epic ending: the
confused but happy look on Jess’s face about what just happened. We can’t wait for next Tuesday to see
what happens between the two!

Needless to say, we’re excited to watch our favorite shows again! It’s the perfect study break to escape
the stress of the new semester. Keep checking to see more recaps and happy semester!