The Life of an OU Student Told by Parks and Recreation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Ohio University students experience many adventures throughout their four (or five…or six) years here as an undergrad. Finding a balance between schoolwork, extracurricular activities, a social life and sleep, Ohio University students know just how to do that. No television show explains the life of an OU student better than Parks and Recreation.

Friday Morning

You wake up, check your phone, and occasionally read that your classes get cancelled because of power outages, freezing cold weather or for other odd reasons: 

GIF: giphy.com

But you realize that you have a paper due on Blackboard in a couple of hours: 

GIF: giphy.com

You head to library but, realize you have to walk up Jeff or Morton Hill: 

GIF: giphy.com

You get to the library but, really aren’t in the mood to type this paper: 

GIF: giphy.com

You soon realize how many other things you need to do for classes, extracurricular activities, and for your friends: 

GIF: tumblr.com

However, you actually sit down to work on everything that needs to get done and feel extremely motivated to get it done: 

GIF: giphy.com

You submitted the paper, leave the library and see that Ohio’s weather decides to be sunny and beautiful: 

GIF: giphy.com

You’re in the best mood because of the weather because you usually bundle up like this:

GIF: buzzfeed.com

Now, it’s officially the weekend and your friends want to go out: 

GIF: giphy.com

You then remember you bought a new, super adorable dress from Bluetique and decide to get all dolled up for the night:

GIF: giphy.com

After a few drinks, you and your friends decide to go uptown and you see your crush at the bar. You think you look like this: 

GIF: giphy.com

…But in reality, you look like this: 

GIF: giphy.com

When you get uptown, you have a couple black widows from The Pigskin, a couple of blackouts from Pawpurr’s and some champagne slushies from Broney’s, and suddenly look like this: 

GIF: giphy.com

Then you want food and realize you have so many late-night food options: 

GIF: giphy.com

But, this is you when you REALLY want to go to Union Street Diner: 

GIF: giphy.com

Satuday Morning

You wake up from your night out and ultimately feel like this: 

GIF: giphy.com

You check your phone and saw you fought with your best friend sometime during the night (blame it on the alcohol), but you two eventually made amends: 

GIF: giphy.com

Then you decide to check your bank account and realize you spent more money than you anticipated: 

GIF: giphy.com

But everything you did on Court Street while you were out making memories with your friends was priceless:

GIF: giphy.com

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano