sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Life Detox To Be Happy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Are you finding out that you are unhappy as the days go on? Do you know the reason behind your unhappiness? Fortunately, some of us are well aware of the issue while others have a hard time figuring out what is wrong. When it comes to removing people, activities, things, etc. in order to become happier; it’s easier said than done. Here is a list of a few things you can wipe out in order to accomplish satisfaction needed in life.  

1. Running from problems that should be fixed. This one is especially hard for me to overcome. I always tell myself I don’t have time so I completely ignore the issue. I’ve learned that it later comes back and you have to eventually deal with it. The older I get the more I realize that instead of running you need to face the problem head-on– even if you don’t want to.

2. Making excuses rather than decisions. I see this in people who I surround myself with. Rather than admitting they were in the wrong; they will make an excuse. Most long-term failures are the outcome of people who make excuses rather than decisions. Don’t let that be you. Be mature enough to admit your fault and fix it.

3.  Not appreciating the present moment. This one is huge because too many people are focused on the past or the future and don’t enjoy what is right in front of them. Live in the moment and treasure the little things in life.

4. This goes hand-in-hand with number three – don’t dwell on the past. The past doesn’t always determine your future, you do. What matters is what you’re doing right now.

5. Learn to forgive. In order to forgive others you must forgive yourself first.

6. Don’t let others opinions determine who you are. Who cares what other people think about you? Someone is always going to have something to say whether it is positive or negative. The only opinion that matters is what you think of yourself. You control your life, not them.

7. Overlooking the positives and focusing on the negative. I’m more pessimistic than optimistic so this one is hard for me. It definitely isn’t something you can overcome in a night. You have to constantly remind yourself to think and be positive.

8. Cut out those who bring you down. Nothing makes you more unhappy than surrounding yourself with individuals who are unhappy. Encompass yourself with those who are happy and push you to be better.

9. Don’t be afraid of change. Change is a good thing not always but most of the time. Don’t be afraid to reinvent yourself.

10. Stop worrying. It only leads to overthinking and can ruin your life. Take a deep breath and relax. Be in the moment.

(all gifs courtesy of giphy.com)

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!