Life > Experiences

Letter From the Editor: October/Homecoming 2021

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Dear Readers,

Welcome to October AND Homecoming 2021!

It is officially fall here at Ohio University and Athens truly is the perfect town to celebrate this season. The temperature is slowly dropping and the leaves are gradually changing. I hope that the fun fall festivities can commence soon!

September truly has flown by. Her Campus has certainly seen some changes since then, all for the better. Our websites and articles are much more updated, and we have altered the structure of our group meetings to make them much more meaningful and worthwhile for every participant. October for Her Campus means a lot of themed weeks. Last week was a lovely fall-themed week. This week will be homecoming-themed, and a Halloween-themed week will be coming in the future!

Homecoming is certainly a big deal at OU. Alumni from all over the states come back for a weekend of fun — from watching the football game, hanging out at restaurants, checking out the exhibits, or simply walking the bricks again. 

Ohio University Athens Block Bricks
Hannah Moskowitz

This year is still uncertain with the pandemic, of course, so the Homecoming celebrations may not feel as normal as they have in years past. There will be several events, some of which have both in-person and virtual options, that both current students and alumni are encouraged to attend. Regardless of the uncertainty, I hope that anyone celebrating has a wonderful and safe time!

I am extremely excited for the rest that this month has to hold — from spooky season festivities to peaceful autumn walks. I am also excited for the rest that Her Campus will have to share in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for some great articles coming soon! 

Until next time,

Lauren Serge

Lauren Serge

Ohio U '23

Lauren Serge is currently a senior at Ohio University, majoring in Journalism and specializing in Marketing and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is the current President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus OU chapter. She enjoys writing, walking, spending time with her family, friends, and her dog, as well as catching up on her many favorite tv shows.