This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Dear Readers, 

Hello! This is Caitlin Hunt, president and co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Ohio University. Welcome to the spring semester of the 2020-2021 school year! 2020 was a year full of major twists and turns, and while 2021 has begun with some shockers, I am hopeful that 2021 will prove to be a year full of hope. 

Ohio University East Green
Hannah Moskowitz

Despite Ohio University beginning the first half of the fall semester entirely online, HCOU successfully created new and exciting content and bonding as a team. During the fall semester, all our meetings were still held weekly during Zoom. While we were physically apart, I am glad to say that our team members could meet and get to know one another. We were also able to collaborate and brainstorm themed weeks for our chapter. Our team reflected on our life during COVID, celebrated girl power, our favorite things, and figured out how to still celebrate some of our favorite fall activities. We expanded from our typical written works and listicles by creating Spotify playlists and YouTube videos. Our social media managers, Anna Birk and Hannah Morris ran successful social media campaigns on our Twitter and Instagram pages. The two also came up with interactive and creative content for our social media websites. Because of our team’s hard work, our chapter was ranked as a platinum level chapter for the semester. 

Given all of our success from the fall, I have no doubt that HCOU will keep the momentum going. This semester, you can continue to expect the same great, relatable content from us. We will continue to cover topics that we are passionate about and give you the college girl’s perspective on many everyday issues. We are also adding a new member to our executive board. Lily Biros will be our new Instagram Manager for the Spring 2021 semester! Lily is coming in with some great ideas for our page so follow @hercampusohiou on Instagram to see what Lily will be up to. 

The end of this semester will mark another season of transition. I will be graduating from Ohio University this spring. While I look forward to the next chapter of my life, I will truly miss HCOU and all the other amazing people with whom I have crossed paths at school. This also means that I will be training and transitioning our chapter over to a new president. Still, there’s plenty of time before that transition begins, and I will still do my best to serve and lead this chapter. 

Ohio University Court Street Athens
Hannah Moskowitz

Since many of us are still at home this semester, it may not seem like much is changing. But, I do feel like change is in the air! Although vaccines are rolling out slowly, they are still here, and in a few short months, our lives may be somewhat back to normal. We have a new president and administration entering the oval office, and people are continuing to endure through some of the hardest, uncertain moments in our history. A new year is upon us, and while some things may stay the same, there are still the beginnings of something new on the horizon. 

Sincerely, 

Caitlin Hunt

Caitlin Hunt

Ohio U '21

Caitlin Hunt is a fourth year journalism news and information student at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. On campus, Caitlin is involved with the Ohio Fellows, Cru, and is a Templeton Scholar. She has served as a TODAY Show intern and a NAJA fellow. In her free time, she takes in as much pop culture as she can! She is always watching tv shows and movies, listening to music and obsessing over the latest Broadway musical. Check out her monthly blog, Caitlin's Pop of Culture to see what she's watching!