This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

We all know it’s that time of year… when the weather gets colder,  you start wearing gloves and hats on your walks to class, and the countdown to Christmas begins. It’s time for Thanksgiving and Christmas break! But are we excited for break or are we dreading it…? A whole lot of anxiety comes with going home for the holidays. Will things be awkward with your friends? If you’re in a long distance relationship, how’s that going to be when you reunite back at home? Are you already dreading your family’s questions at Thanksgiving dinner? We’re all in the same spot right now, but it’s something we have to do. Campus has turned into a ghost town, and I’m sorry, but you must bid it adieu.

GIF: tumblr.com

First comes Thanksgiving break, and of course, you’re excited to go home to a nicely prepared Thanksgiving dinner. It’s a great getaway from the usual dining hall meals you have every day. Bring on the mashed potatoes!

GIF: tumblr.com

But then you start to think about all the cons of Thanksgiving dinner… like all those questions you’re expecting from your great aunt that you haven’t seen since last Thanksgiving, or the usual “How’s college? I hope you’re doing more than partying!” that you hear from your grandma every year.

GIF: giphy.com

Once the meal ends, it’s time to go out with your friends from home and catch up. The only thing is that it has been months since you’ve seen them, and you don’t know whether it will be awkward or not. Coming home after a long period of making new friends, partying with different people, and living basically a whole new life isn’t always easy! You’re panicking so much that you just wish you were back hOUme with your roommates strolling down Court Street.

GIF: giphy.com

Before you know it, it’s not Thanksgiving break, but it’s WINTER break… you just got home and realize something: You’re a broke college student and Christmas is quickly approaching. The only problem is that you have bought ZERO Christmas presents.

GIF: giphy.com

The whole celebrating the Christmas season, reuniting with old friends and family, and worrying about finding a seasonal job to buy Christmas presents only leads you to one conclusion… YOU WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE. You’re sick of answering questions, and you just want a clear mind. You know that being at school may stress you out from time to time, and you miss your roommates, but you also want to enjoy the relaxation of your own home. You want a PEACEFUL break. Happy Holidays!

GIF: giphy.com

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano