Last-Minute (and Cheap) Spring Break Trips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

New York City

Photo: pre-tend.com

Looking to escape to a big city during break? Many people believe that NYC has to be a super expensive and planned trip, but it can be well done on a budget. The Megabus offers trips from Cleveland and Pittsburgh for as low as $15! (Book now because the ticket rises in price with each bought. It’s a first come first serve trip!) Plenty of theaters offer student rush tickets with your student ID, so be sure to bring it along, and ask wherever you go if one is available. You can also score approximately $10 off per ticket at the Madam Tussaud’s and Ripley’s Believe it or Not museums!

Kalahari

If Sandusky, Ohio is in your reach, take an overnight trip to Kalahari and have a blast in the African-themed indoor waterpark! If you go with three friends, you can book a room for $180, meaning $45 per person! Take advantage of the wave pool and indoor water coaster, and also explore the game room and the multiple options for dining out.

Great Wolf Lodge

Columbus has many getaway options to take advantage of, but to escape the cold (since us Ohioans will probably have a chilly “spring” break), travel to Great Wolf Lodge and have a wonderful time enjoying the heat and the pool! Packages start at $150 and can be expanded depending on your budget! Check out their site for more details and special savings. Great Wolf Lodge is also in Mason, Ohio and Sandusky, Ohio.

Chicago

Photo: scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net

Another trip that the Megabus offers is a trip to the Windy City! For as low as $10 (that is correct, book now!), you can take a seven hour drive to the beautiful, young-professional-filled city for a wonderful trip to Michigan Avenue and the Bean! A trolley tour, along with a book of freebies such as popcorn, chocolate, and a T-shirt is only $35. I have done the tour and it is well worth the time and money. Plus, who doesn’t like free chocolate?

Pittsburgh

Want an easy day trip with your friends? Pittsburgh offers the best science center around, Carnegie! Carnegie offers an Omnimax theater which show different scientific films (and sometimes normal ones!) and 5 floors of fun. Bring your student ID for $2 off general admission and spend the day experimenting!

Ohio University 2017 Alumna Communication Studies major | Business minor | Social Media certificate Qnary | Client Success Manager Some Good Wine | Event and Marketing Director Delta Zeta Alumna | Public Relations Advisor Her Campus | Chapter Advisor and past Campus Correspondent PRSSA | Mentor Living my best life in NYC.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano