This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Juicy J came to our very own Athens and performed at Indie Fest because “he owed us one.” After Palmer Fest, students got picked up directly off of Palmer Street from buses, provided by Mike’s Dog Shack, and headed to Lake Snowden where the concert was held. Being the rap enthusiast I am, of course I had tickets to “turn up” at Juicy J’s mini-concert.

Indie Fest started at noon and went until around 11:30 p.m. Throughout the day, many local rap artists and DJs entertained the crowd as we waited for Juicy. The local talent was amazing. The rappers, in my opinion, were especially good; they hyped up the crowd with their original raps and high energy.   

Local bands also performed at Indie Fest. My favorite was a soulful band by the name of Mojoflo. The crowd was electric throughout the night, but waiting for Juicy to come on was the hard part.

Mojoflo performing at Indie Fest. Photo: columbusunderground.com

Finally at 11 p.m., Juicy J came on and performed all of his best “bangers.” He did rap classics like “Bounce it” and “Low.” My favorite song and part of the night was when he performed his best and most known song, “Bands a Make Her Dance” which brings back memories from prom and homecoming.

Even though Juicy came on pretty late and it was unfortunately cold out that day, the concert was still a blast!

Tweet your thoughts about #IndieFest our way @Hercampusohiou!

Kellyanne Stitts Broadcast Journalism Major Future side-line reporter for football Living vicariously through Jessie James Decker Twitter: @KellyanneStitts Instagram: Kellyanne_Stitts
Emily is a junior and HCOU's campus correspondent and editor in chief! Check her out on Twitter, @edafffffron (five f's).