Joe Jonas: A 10 Year Love Story

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Cover image courtesy of proudfm.com.

If you know me, you know that I have been in love with Joe Jonas since the Year 3000 video premiered on Total Request Live (RIP TRL) in 2006. Soon after, It’s About Time, their first official album, was released and my love for the whole Jonas Brothers squad was locked down for life. For me, Joe stood out as the older, more mature, and less fluffy haired brother (though, his hair did get pretty fluffy in the following years) and I am a sucker for dark hair and dark eyes. I also, according to my aunt, have a thing for bushy eyebrows, and Joe fits that quality quite well. 

The year following the premiere of Year 3000 and album release of It’s About Time, I got the chance to see the Jonas Brothers perform at the House of Blues in Cleveland, Ohio on the Marvelous Party Tour on July 2nd, 2007. It was awesome seeing the band I loved (and the man I love) for the first time, and to hear all the songs I had been jamming to for weeks on end live! It sparked my passion for live music and led me to more concerts for the JoBros and other similar artists in my pre-teen and teen years!

10 years later at the same venue, on February 2nd, 2017,  I got to see Joe Jonas perform as the lead singer of DNCE, and I am still as in love with him as ever. Although the rest of the Jonas Brothers were not on stage with him, my excitement was still through the roof to see the gorgeous man who has always been my #MCM rocking out to totally different songs. My 10 year love story proved strong, and my love for Joe will never die.

Concert

Then:

I wore a red babydoll top with a chunky headband that I would be caught DEAD in wearing today. I am so glad I cannot find pictures of that atrocious outfit.

Now:

I tried to be trendy (aka look like every other female in attendance) and wore denim high waisted jeggings and a sparkly bodysuit that I still don’t know how to describe.

My DNCE loving friend, Alexa, and I before the show!

Then:

I remember wishing to meet them before the show, so we showed up 2 hours early on a hot July day to potentially meet the JoBros.  

Now:

I waited for 45 minutes in 20 degree weather outside DNCE’s tour bus for a hopeful peak of Joe. I froze my fingers and toes for no Joe.

Then:

I was so excited to see Joe for the first time and hear my favorite band perform live! I couldn’t wait to tell my friends, even though not many knew who they were at the time.

Now:

I was HELLA excited to see Joe after a few years of disappointment (I had tickets to the Jonas Brothers last tour before they cancelled it.). When Joe walked onto the stage, I literally gasped and couldn’t breathe due to the thrilling feeling it gave me!

Joe Jonas

Then:

He was just getting over Mandy, his ultimate girl crush and the girl every Jonas Brother fan was jealous of.

Now:

He’s single. After years of dating supermodels, he realized he’s ready for a down-to-earth girl from Ohio, namely me.

Then:

His style was teen boy band-esque, and it made him easy to get moms approval.

Now:

Have you seen the Guess photoshoot?! Pretty sure moms would have to shield their children’s eyes nowadays. Swoon. 

Then:

Cutest 17 year old I had ever seen.

Now:

Hottest 27 year old I have ever laid my brown eyes on. 

Were you a JoBros fanatic? Are you a member of #TeamDNCE? Let me know @HerCampusOhioU!

Photos taken by the author. 

Ohio University 2017 Alumna Communication Studies major | Business minor | Social Media certificate Qnary | Client Success Manager Some Good Wine | Event and Marketing Director Delta Zeta Alumna | Public Relations Advisor Her Campus | Chapter Advisor and past Campus Correspondent PRSSA | Mentor Living my best life in NYC.